Friday, January 13, 2006

Cookies for Dad


Made some cookies for Dylan the other night. Pumpkin Chocolate Chip cookies. His favorite. I thought we could do something nice for him. Something to make him smile. So he came home to a big batch of his favorite cookies. And I mean big! Holey moley that recipe makes a ton of dough.

Sadie was so ready to help. I pulled up a chair to the counter & she was happy as can be. Actually didn't get too in the way, which is very surprising. In the photo above she is licking a spatula that has butter creamed up w/ white & brown sugar on it. Doesn't that sound nasty? She sure was going to town on it. Probably not the best thing to let her have just before bedtime, but it made her happy. You can't see in the photo, but she is wearing "baking themed" pj's. They have a mixer, flour, sugar, etc. on them. Oh, so adorable, wearing her baking pj's & baking cookies at the same time. ha ha.

I've been losing my patience a lot with Sadie lately. And I've been thinking about my Mom & wondering how in the world she did this 8 times. I'm getting real tired of Sadie constantly getting into everything, looking at me when I tell her "no" and doing it anyway. Over & over & over & over. Missing the warm weather & that we can't just go outside when she starts to get in this mode. Thankful to be babysitting because it gives Sadie some kids to play with - a distraction, I guess.

I have 3 babysitting jobs today. Rebecca, who I babysit every Mon, Wed, Fri. Andrew who I babysit every Fri. (These are both just for this semester) They will both come over around 11:30 & leave at 3:00. And them Amanda's two girls this evening so they can go to the temple. I'm not feeling well, got no sleep last night. But like I said, it's all good. Sadie behaves really well when other kids are over. That makes me happier.

Any suggestions on how to keep a 16 month entertained inside would be greatly appreciated. Just post them in comments. Thanks!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I looove comments. Thank you so much for taking the time. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...