Monday, January 09, 2006

I resolve to...

One of my resolutions this year is to write more. So I am starting this blog to record what is going on in my life, in my head, in my little world. I want to remember everyday moments, as well as trials & triumphs. Hoping that my family & friends out there will enjoy one more window into my world & will also be my support in keeping this up.

A little bit of explanation on the name of my blog: Sparkle Power. Dylan told me I needed to have "sparkle" in the title somewhere.

Many of you know that I am a jeans & t-shirt girl all the way. This wardrobe is evidence of the completely practical person that is me. Solid colored t-shirts that I buy on sale at Target for $6.99 can be worn with all my jeans. They are comfortable, and when they become stained I can say goodbye to them without much care because they only cost me $6.99 to begin with.

BUT, My mom has often told me that when I was a little girl I was always interested in the shiny, gold clothes and shoes when we were in a clothing store. From what I understand this was pretty embarrassing to my family. AND, now, as an adult, there is this side on me that really, really wants a sequins purse. I do however struggle with how this flashy sequins purse would look with my t-shirt & jeans. So there is this side of me. This "sparkley" side. I'm trying not to hide it anymore, or be ashamed of it. It's been with me from the beginning with my gold fascination & now with my love of all things sequins.

So, welcome to Sparkle Power, my blog. My place to be me. And as cheesy as it sounds, my place to sparkle.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

oh my gosh, you are the coolest! First of all what an awesome writer you are. You caputred yourself so well. I kept thinking, man she's cool. Im so glad you're my friend! 6.99 shirts ROCK! Second I love your openess and courage to share yourself, it's so real. Third, you are a total sparkler! More than just flashy sparkles you have a light, you know the one I mean, about you and that especially makes me grateful for your friendship!
You're super woman- I don't know how you find the time to work out, do this blog, be an incredible mama and wife, and work! You inspire me!!!! xoxi

Post a Comment

I looove comments. Thank you so much for taking the time. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...