Monday, March 13, 2006

Today...

Today...I am feeling so much better. Woke up & made the decision that I was going to have a better attitude. Today I am going to be happy.

We had a good day yesterday. Sadie did excellent in sacrament meeting. She didn't have to go out in the foyer at all. She had a good time in nursery. Colored a picture of a fish & held on to it all the way home.

Amanda and her girls (Emma & Lily) came over for dinner last night. Eric was working. Dylan barbecued some chicken & we had baked beans & some other sides. A typical summer meal for us. We were pretending that it's warm out. Today....it's snowing. Anyway, we had a good time. We want to have guests over for dinner on Sunday nights more often.

Amanda usually picks me up in the morning to go to the gym. She didn't make it this morning, but I went anyway. Proud of myself. Usually when this happens I just go back to bed. Yay me!

Dylan was having a hard time getting out of bed this morning. Put on Hello Sunshine by Super Furry Animals. He finally got up & ready, just to get to school & find out he didn't have class today. I asked him if he wanted breakfast & he requested a fried egg & ham in between two pieces of toast. I decided to add some cheese in the mix & cooked it up like a grilled cheese sandwich. He loved it.

Just ordered this book from Amazon. It's called The Five Love Languages: How to Express Heartfelt Commitment to Your Mate. They are reading it for a book club in Relief Society. Sounded like such a cool book. I'm excited to get it. There's a version of the book for expressing love to your children as well. Hope to read that at a later date.

Stepped on the scale for the first time in a while. Gained some weight back. So not cool! I know that I've been snacking way too much lately. It's been a bit out of control. Just been feeding the monster that is my belly. Now I'm trying to put things back in order. I think a salad for lunch today sounds just great!!

Things that are making me happy today:
*Sadie saying "thank you" so much, without being prompted.
*All Dylan's recent work that he posted on his blog.
*Ordering a book for myself. (I guess $7 is okay to spend when you've been a little down).
*A clean bathroom.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I looove comments. Thank you so much for taking the time. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...