Saturday, April 08, 2006

I Recommend This Book...


The Five Love Languages: How to Express Heartfelt Commitment to Your Mate by Gary Chapman. This book was chosen for the Relief Society book club. I decided to read it because I thought it sounded interesting. I loved it & I recommend it to everybody. Dylan & I are doing great in our marriage...but I still learned a lot from this book and I'm glad I read it. It's something that can be applied to all relationships in your life, including your kids. He does have a book specifically for expressing love to your children as well.

Anyway, a great book! I learned that although I am always expressing love to Dylan, I wasn't doing it in his primary love language, which is physical touch. While he appreciates my making his meals & keeping up with the housework. If I would hold his hand or give him more hugs that would express love to him more than all that other stuff.

Still not sure what my primary love language is. I initially thought it was Acts of Service. But I think it may actually be Quality Time. Maybe I just think that because I really crave time with Dylan right now with his busy schedule. Words of Affirmation ranks pretty high for me too. Anyway, with that I'm off to get ready for my date with Dylan tonight. Quality time together! Woohoo!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I looove comments. Thank you so much for taking the time. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...