Sunday, April 02, 2006

It's Been a While...

So here's what's new....It's conference weekend & that's always cool. Stayed in my pajamas all day. Took a nap between sessions & finally took a shower at 4:00pm. We listened to conference on the radio this time...as we don't have TV anymore. I love conference. It's always good to hear. Makes me want to be a better person.

Ryan got his mission call on Thursday. He's going to the Edmonton, Alberta mission in Canada (English speaking). He reports to the MTC on May 31st (I think). I think that's totally cool. He's gonna freeze, but still very cool. I'm excited for that boy.

Sadie is our little naked baby. She never wants to have clothes on. She puts up such a fight when I try to put her clothes on for the day or her pajamas at night. Throughout the day I'll hear her say "foff" & I turn around to see her taking off her shirt....then her pants. A lot of times I just don't want to deal with a fight so I think "whatever" and hope that she doesn't try to take off her diaper. Crazy girl. My mom laughs whenever I tell her about the clothes issue. I've heard stories my whole life about how I was this same way.

She's starting to put words together & I love it. During the day we won't even be talking about Dylan & she'll say "da-da work". The other night I was putting her down to bed. It was windy outside & the wind was rattling her bedroom window a little. She picked her head up off my shoulder, pointed at the window & said "brr ah-side" (brrr outside).

We had Enchilada Pie for dinner tonight. One of our favorites that was a recipe my Mom always made. The name we Duke kids had for it was "Looks Bad, Tastes Good". Not sure who came up with that name, but I never knew the real name until I got the recipe from my Mom after I got married. Funny. Anyway, it's so yummy. We always eat up all the leftovers. So I'm sharing the recipe here for all my friends & non-Duke family. Try it......it's gooood.

Enchilada Pie

1-1/2 lb. ground beef
1 large onion
1 can cream of mushroom soup
1 can cream of chicken soup
1 (4 oz.) can diced green chilies
1 (4 oz.) can sliced olives
1 (10-12 oz.) can enchilada sauce
3/4 cup milk
1 pkg. flour tortillas
1/2 lb. cheddar cheese, grated
1/2 lb. monterey jack cheese, grated
sour cream

Brown meat & onion in a skillet & season w/ salt & pepper to taste. Add soups, green chilies, olives, enchilada sauce & milk. Cut half the tortillas into small squares & line a 9 x 13 pan. Top w/ half the meat mixture. Sprinkle w/ half the cheese. Repeat layers. Bake at 350 degrees for 40 minutes. Cool for 15 minutes & then cut into squares to serve. Top each square w/ sour cream.

2 comments:

Ipuna said...

That sounds good! I might have to try that. K.C. loves enchiladas (did I spell that wrong? Oh, well.). Thanks for the recipe!

Amber said...

That has always been a favorite!! Looks bad tastes good! I forgot about that one. Thanks.
Sadie is so big. Give her a kiss for me.

Post a Comment

I looove comments. Thank you so much for taking the time. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...