Friday, April 21, 2006

Yummy Recipe

I got this recipe out of the Real Simple Family special issue magazine. Dylan & I both really liked it. Sadie ate the pasta & peas. She had a few pieces of spinach....but didn't really like the tomatoes. I already knew that she doesn't like tomatoes....still have to try.


Treasure Hunt Pasta

2 cups frozen peas
12 ounces fusilli (corkscrew pasta)
1 Tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
1/2 rotisserie chicken, meat shredded
2 cups baby spinach, washed & dried
1/2 pint grape or cherry tomatoes, quartered

Bring a large pot of water to a boil & cook the peas according to the package directions. Transfer the peas to a bowl using a slotted spoon. Add the pasta to the water & cook according to package directions. Drain the pasta & return it to the pot. Add the oil & toss. Place the pasta in a large glass bowl. Sprinkle the peas evenly over the pasta. Add the chicken in a single layer, then add the spinach & the tomatoes.

I served this with a fat free zesty italian dressing. The magazine did have two dressing options that you could make on your own. I didn't want to buy all the ingredients for those. Anyway, our family liked it. Hope you will too.

It felt good to eat something so fresh & healthy. I also bought some asparagus this week & will be trying out a recipe for that as well. I'll let you know how it goes.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I looove comments. Thank you so much for taking the time. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...