Monday, June 05, 2006

Fun Times in Vegas OR How Many Photos Can I Fit in This Post

Well we had a great time on our little vacation.

Friday started with a trip to the hospital to see Heather & their new baby. She had an easy delivery which is great & little Brandon Cole is just too adorable for words. 8 lbs. 13 oz. & a little handsome dude already.
That evening Ryan went through the temple. I had forgotten my recommend at home, but called the temple & they were able to contact my bishop & give me permission to go in. I was so happy. My grandma had sealings done right after that. She was sealed to grandpa & the two boys, and grandpa was sealed to his parents. It was all very cool. So happy to be in the temple with my parents for the first time since Dylan & I were married. It was really cool that Dylan's parents were there as well. So proud of Ryan also.
Saturday was our anniversary....6 years. Dylan spent the first part of the day with Bryan & we met up to see X-Men. It was fun to go to a movie. Dylan & I have seen all the X-Men movies together in the theatre so that was also cool. That evening we went to dinner at Bahama Breeze. My favorite restaurant from when we lived there. It was yummy, yummy. yummy. We had a fun time. We decided not to do gifts this year & with all the work of getting ready for our trip we didn't even give each other cards. But it didn't matter, cause we had fun together & were able to tell each other how we think the other person in so incredible & the best husband ever & best father ever & vice versa.

Ryan spoke in church on Sunday & all the kids were actually really good during the whole sacrament meeting. Heather came to church with her little two day old baby & it was good to talk with her for a bit afterwards at Mom's house. The open house that evening was fun too. There was so much super yummy food. Mmmm.

Monday night we went out to Spring Mountain Ranch & had a little picnic with the Todds. I did a senior photo shoot with Shannon so she could have pictures to send out with her graduation announcements. Here are a few of my favorites. I also took some of Haley & Gary, but haven't gotten a chance to proof those yet.


Sadie had so much fun with all the family. Her and Conner were particularly cute together. He'd come looking for her first thing when he'd get home & she'd always be calling out for him ("Hoooonner").

Dylan looked like this a lot on my parent's couch.
Played Cranium with all the Todds. Bryan & Jacqueline were the big winners. Dylan & I found that Creative Cat was our best category. Hmmm.....go figure.
I got to go out to lunch with Michelle & Ipuna, my fellow blogging mommies. It was so great to see them in person. We stay so connected & up to date with each other through our blogs, which is nice. We had a fun time chatting and eating at The Cheesecake Factory. I'm thankful to have friends. By the way....Chanel you were missed that day.
We had so much fun! Some of the things we got to do together....We went shopping at Urban Outfitters, Greatland Target, The Gap, Julie Jane Paper Co., Desert Art Supply, Big B's & got to eat some yummy fast food...In-N-Out Burger (twice!!!), Chipotle, El Pollo Loco & Panda Express.

We also went to see We Are Scientists at a little venue called the Celebrity. It was so very cool. Dylan & I haven't been to a show in a couple years. It's something we've both always loved doing & it was so good to actually get a chance to see somebody cool. It was a really great show. There is just something about live music. Makes me happy. Especially when it's really loud & really rockin' & it's hard for you to hear anything the rest of the night.

Well, I think I hit all the big stuff. Now that we're back home it's time for me to go back on my no sugar diet.

And it's officially summer. I'm really wanting to make this a memorable one with my almost 2 year old little girl. Been thinking about how I'm going to do that.

That's it. I'm done. Love you all.

4 comments:

chanel said...

First i was sad i missed ryan's open house- any chance to be around your family is one of my favorite things to do! Then The CHEESECAKE FACTORY! Oh dang, why'd we have to move before you visited!!!!!
Glad you had such a good time! I missed your blogs!
You look beautiful! LOVE YOUR HAIR!

Heather said...

great summary of the trip! It was good to see you. LOVE the picture of grandma and Ryan...doesn't he look so happy?

Amber said...

it was so fun to see you guys! We already miss you too! Tanner wanted to go visit you guys at grammie's yesterday. Glad you are home & had a safe trip.

Ipuna said...

Candace, can you e-mail the pictures you took at Cheesecake? Thanks. ipunaa@msn.com or ipuna@cox.net

It was fun!

Post a Comment

I looove comments. Thank you so much for taking the time. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...