Saturday, July 08, 2006

Why We Fight

Last blog post for the week. WooHoo! I made it.


On a more serious note. Dylan & I watched this movie a couple nights ago. Why We Fight. Dylan put it on our netflix queue & I wasn't sure what to expect of it. I thought it might be a real radical & in your face movie about the war in Iraq. Wasn't like that at all.

BUT....I feel this way after the movie. I have even less trust in the politicians leading our country. They have absolutely no interest in people. No interest in you or I. No interest in the people of Iraq. (we all know liberating the Iraqi people was NEVER a reason for this war!) All they care about is themselves & their own gain.

It makes me sad that our democracy is so corrupted. That most Americans are losing trust in their country & their government, because they are constantly being lied to by those in power.

What can I do? What can I do about it? I don't really know. I'm confused. I've been thinking about it & I feel that my role as a mother is very important. I want to teach my children to question things that don't seem right. To be educated & to guard against anything that doesn't feel right. And NOT to chose one political party & only support & vote that one side. There are good & bad people on both sides.

My role as a mother Is very important. Teaching my children the gospel & the peace that can be felt through living it will go beyond just them. It will extend to their friends & everybody else they touch in life. And I will be able to have an influence on the friends that they bring home as well. I don't know what more to do then to try to spread as much good in my own life as I can.

1 comment:

chanel said...

I THINK YOU ARE PROBABLY THE COOLEST PERSON I KNOW!!!! WE NEED TO RENT THAT MOVIE, BUT I DON'T WANT TO FEEL AS OBVIOUSLY DEPRESSED AS YOU DO AFTER WATCHING IT. OUR GOVERNMENT HAS TAKEN A SAD TURN, THATS WHY I WANT TO MAKE A DIFFERENCE IN POLITICS ONE DAY. MAYBE YOU COULD RUN TOO- WE'LL START OUR OWN PARTY- MOMOCRATS. :) YOUR TESTIMONY OF THE IMPORANT ROLE OF MOTHER IS AWESOME! HELPS KEEPS THE HOPE HUH? LOVE YA GIRL!

Post a Comment

I looove comments. Thank you so much for taking the time. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...