Wednesday, August 16, 2006

So Proud

Dylan's BFA (Bachelor of Fine Arts) project finally went up this week. I cannot even tell you how proud I am of him. I've posted a few photos here. He will be posting more over on his blog. SO MUCH work went into this. So much time. Many nights where I had to go to bed by myself & he'd finally come to bed in the early morning hours. So happy to have my husband back. His project looks incredible! It's so cool to finally see it all displayed & even more cool to see people coming by the "gallery" to look at it & get a little excited about it themselves.



Dylan's parents were up for the weekend to be here for the show opening, which meant an awful lot to Dylan. Bob & I helped Dylan get it all up on the wall. While we were setting up, students & teachers would come by & couldn't help but stop & look. One of Dylan's professors told Bob that Dylan is one of the most beloved design students & that his work always has a lot of color & a lot of personality. So totally cool!

I'm sad that I didn't get a good photo of Dylan by his project. The lighting was horrible! Duh! Why didn't I just turn on the flash?!! He looked super cute in his blazer.

Anyway, We're just really happy around this house. Stress & anxiety that's been lingering for quite a while is finally lifted. I'm just in love with Dylan's project. Really excited to see what happens with him career wise once he finishes his last semester of school this fall. I have so much confidence in him & expect great things.

By the way....his project is the complete branding, signage & packaging for a comic book store called Wordballoon. But it's not your typical nerdy comic book store. As he puts it...it's more like a comic bookstore. I'm sure he'll have more over on his blog soon.

6 comments:

Amber said...

I am so happy for Dylan! It looks so amazing. I wish I could see it more up close.

ColoradoCoolCats said...

WOW! He really is so talented. You're such an amazing supportive wife! I always like how I can feel how in love you guys are! SOOOO much to be happy about!!!

Heather said...

What a great accomplishment. It feels so good to finally finish something you've worked so hard for. The project looks really cool and I'm glad you're back to posting...been missing you

Ryan said...

What an incredible achievement. I'm looking forward to seeing Dylan shine in the design world. Really, really cool.

Ipuna said...

He is very creative. Thanks for sharing some of his work.

Robin said...

We are so proud of both of you. Dylan's project looks AMAZING. I'm so sorry we couldn't see it in person. He's worked so hard for so long -- what a feeling of accompishment he must be experiencing. Any you have provided the support he needed -- the soft place to lay his head. You're a great team. Good job!

Post a Comment

I looove comments. Thank you so much for taking the time. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...