Thursday, August 03, 2006

Wee Bunny

I'm doing pretty good with completing projects right now. Helps that Dylan is always working on his BFA project. I get bored w/ no access to the computer & no movies to watch. So here is what I did last night:

This is a Wee Bunny. I found the pattern for her here. And there is a flickr group with photos of other's wee bunny creations here.

To tell the truth I wasn't too pleased with how my bunny turned out. She didn't look like the pattern picture. Her head is more pointy & she's not as round & smooth all over. But I am not as good of a seamstress as the pattern's creator. Today I feel different about her. I absolutely LOVE her! It's all because of this girl:



Sadie spotted her sitting up on the shelf while she was eating breakfast & said "bunny!!!!" "I hold it!!!" I wouldn't let her touch it until she finished breakfast because her hands & face were so dirty. But once she was cleaned up I gave it to her and she was so sweet with it. It's such a great shape. Fits perfectly under her arm. Loved watching her carry it around & push it in her stroller.

It felt great to get out my sewing machine & sewing box & get my hands on some fabric. I've got some other sewing projects on my list now. A tote bag for church, and apron for me & one for Sadie, a backpack for Sadie & a pillow for Sadie.

7 comments:

Amber said...

candace that is so cute! I wish i could sew. maybe i can take some lessons from you!

Heather said...

What a crafty girl you are! Love the bunny...can't wait to see your other projects

ColoradoCoolCats said...

AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!
I WOULD LOVE TO TRY AND MAKE THAT! YOU'RE RIGHT ABOUT SADIE MAKING IT EVEN BETTER- THATS SO COOL!!! THEY WOULD BE GREAT TO HAVE A WHOLE FAMILY OF BUNNIES FOR EASTER!!! BEING IMPERFECT AND FRUMPY IS WHAT MAKES HOMEMADE PROJECTS SO UNIQUE AND COOL!

ColoradoCoolCats said...

Thanks so much for sharing the bunny site, i printed it up, im excited! what did you use for eyes?

Candace said...

Chanel, I used little buttons for the eyes. Found them at Wal-mart.

Ipuna said...

You are so creative!

Robin said...

She is adorable! Oh, and the bunny is, too. Just goes to show how we can get things done when we're not distracted by what can sometimes be 'time wasting' toys.

Post a Comment

I looove comments. Thank you so much for taking the time. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...