Saturday, November 18, 2006

Macaroni with Beef

I tried a new recipe last night that I found while looking through old issues of Martha Stewart Kids magazines. It was very well received so I thought I'd share.

Macaroni with Beef

8 oz. elbow macaroni
1 lbs. ground beef
1 cup finely chopped onion
1/2 tsp. ground cumin
1/4 tsp. chili powder
1/4 tsp. salt
1/8 tsp. pepper
2 cans (8 oz. each) tomato sauce
1-1/2 cups cooked frozen or fresh corn (I just used 1 can, drained)

Cook macaroni according to package directions. Drain, set aside. Brown ground beef w/ the onion. Drain; Add cumin, chili powder, salt & pepper. Stir in tomato sauce & corn. Cook until sauce comes to a boil. Remove from heat. Stir in macaroni. Serve warm.

We also made this garlic bread recipe with it. This is so much better than just sprinkling on garlic powder, which I usually do.

Garlic Bread

1 loaf french bread
4 Tbsp. unsalted butter, softened
2 small cloves garlic, minced
1 tsp. salt

Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Slice bread in half horizontally. In small bowl mix butter, garlic & salt. Spread on cut sides of both bread halves. Reclose halves to form a sandwich. Wrap in aluminum foil. Bake 10 minutes. Switch oven setting to broil. Remove bread from oven & remove foil. Lay bread halves, cut side up, on a baking sheet. Place under broiler until butter bubbles & edges of bread start to turn brown, about 30 seconds. Let cool slightly then slice & serve.


Caitlin said...

I love trying new recipes. This is a good one because it's all stuff you usually have around anyway. I think I'll try it this week...

Anonymous said...

This is some good stuff.

Anonymous said...

sounds yummy!
i love the southern living garlic bread- soooo good and fairly quick!

Post a Comment

I looove comments. Thank you so much for taking the time. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...