Thursday, February 22, 2007

Bigger Overnight


You know how it happens...every now & then there are days when they just seem so much older & grown up than the day before. It just happens....overnight. We're having one of those days. Sadie is getting to be such a big girl.

She likes to color these days on plain paper. She knows exactly what she's drawing too. A car, a helicopter, a scary monster, a snake. (sounds like all boy stuff, can you tell she draws with her daddy a lot)

While we were driving in the car this morning we had this conversation:

Sadie: "Mom, where are we going?"
Me: "To the doctor's office"
Sadie: "I want to see fireworks
Me: "Well, there aren't any fireworks right now. We have to wait until the summer time, when it gets really warm outside."
Sadie: "Oh, the fireworks are sleeping. The purple fireworks are sleeping. The yellow fireworks are sleeping. The white fireworks are sleeping. Me like them!"

Sure babe, whatever explanation makes more sense to you.

She had to get a shot at the doctor's office but stopped crying as soon as they asked if they could get her a sucker. Later while I was getting her all dressed again she said to me, "Mom, that made me cry." And we talked about how it hurt but only for a little bit & how it helps her not to get sick.

And sometimes....just sometimes...when I tell her no & then give her a reason, she thinks about it & then says "alright".

5 comments:

Usually Happy said...

Hi, my friend found your website randomly by flipping through other blogs. And we both just love yours! We're both pregnant and your website makes us even more excited to be mom's. So I hope you don't mind but I'm going to add you to my web-links list.

Amber said...

Isn't that the truth?

cbhoff said...

I just smiled the whole time I read this post. You're a good mom! I think Sadie is the way she is because of how you and Dylan have raised her. I can definately tell a difference from you and Sadie, and the kids I see on the train with their parents.

The other day a really young mom got on the train with her son (around the same age as Sadie). Throughout the ride the mom said stuff like, "Shut-up", "Sit your butt down now, NOW!", and even "I don't want to talk to you".

I thought of you and how loving you are to Sadie and felt bad for that kid. He was a little brat, but only because of the way he was raised. I hope I can rememebr all the educational things you do with Sadie and how polite you are to her when I have kids.

Okay, don't blush. I just realized how "Go Candace" this was.

Chris said...

Candace,

I am shamelessly in love with your blog. The photographs are always stunningly beautiful and your writing is so elegant. I thought it was cool what 'usually happy' wrote because your's is a website I want to turn others onto, whether they know you or not. I just think its that good.

Candace said...

Okay, you guys are all making me feel good today. Sometimes I wonder if anybody is even at all interested in what I post. I'm glad I have such lovely readers & friends as you all.

Post a Comment

I looove comments. Thank you so much for taking the time. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...