Friday, March 30, 2007


I made this set of patchwork burp cloths for my sister Melissa. She's having a baby boy any day now. I love how they turned out. I love the navy with the other fabrics & the little hint of orange in the floral print makes me happy too. Anyway, I hope she likes them as much as I do. I went ahead & made an extra set that I listed in the etsy shop.

My appointment at the doctor went well. Nothing new to report. I did lose a couple pounds from last week, which they said is actually quite normal this late in pregnancy. Alright. Doesn't make any sense, but I'll take it.

I ended up testing positive for the Group B Strep which means I need an antibiotic in my IV when I go into labor. The doctor told me that even if my water doesn't break, but I'm having contractions I need to get to the hospital right away. I guess this group B strep combined with having a VBAC means I've got a lot they've got to monitor. Makes me feel really comfortable. Ha ha. No wonder I've lost weight...too much stress! Anyway, no internal exam today & that's just fine with me. I don't want anything upset down there....don't want this baby coming before Dylan gets back.


Heather said...

Those are so stinkin cute! You made it one week!! Almost halfway there. That is weird they didn't check. Don't you want to know??

Patti said...

I tried to buy those burp clothes but they were already sold :(

They're really cute.

Heather said...

That was FAST! I thought maybe you hadn't posted them yet but they are gone! I'm not surprised they are cute.

Amber said...

Those are cute! I am sure Melissa will love them!

kelly mccaleb said...

i LOVE them! the colors are delightful! and looks like you should make more for the shop!!

ashley said...

the cutest burpies ever! love them! i have been meaning to make some this last week, think i might have to copy your idea for a few!
bummer about the strep stuff, one more think that has to be monitored- not fun!

Ipuna said...

You are my crafty inspiration. So cute.

Sorry you were stressed about the Group B situation, but it sounds like you are in good hands. Let me know if you need anything.

Chanel said...

way cute!
are they plain burpies adn you sewed material on them?
You HAVE to make some for yourself! Or I can, but you have to teach me and pick out your material b/c you have a way better eye for that!

Candace said...


It's two layers of white flannel for the burp cloth & then just embellished with the patchwork row on one side. I was thinking of making some for me with the extra fabric from the baby quilt.


I may be making one more set. Just remembered we have a friend who is having a baby boy soon. I just don't have any more flannel on hand. If you really want some I can make an extra set while I'm at it. Let me know.

Patti said...

Oh I want some. Don't go out of your way for me (you're about to have a baby, in case you needed me to remind you). But next time you make em I'm in. They're wicked cute.

Post a Comment

I looove comments. Thank you so much for taking the time. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...