Tuesday, March 27, 2007

Just Call Me Sensitive

There have been some people in the last few days who have really rubbed me the wrong way. I have formulated an opinion of said people in my mind. Would they be welcomed into my home? Absolutely not. Is that very Christlike. No. Maybe I'll work on that someday.

But there are few things that have been at the front of my mind....things I want to get out so I can go on:

"Cherish your own emotions and never undervalue them."
-Robert Henri

I believe that emotions are a beautiful thing. I see no weakness in an emotional person. I have always been a very sensitive person....and on a few occasions I have been told by people, that I consider not to be very cool, "Oh, you're too sensitive".

Luckily I was raised by the most amazing parents that let me be me. They let me feel. Did I ever see my Mother of Father cry.....not really that I can remember. I could probably count the occasions on one hand....for both of them combined. They could keep it under control. Still they never treated me like I was less, or stupid, or unreasonable because I never could keep my tears back.

My mind & my heart are so closely linked. Again, something I feel is beautiful. And anyone that tells themselves to deny feeling emotion (for fear of being weak)......is really a sad case.

I didn't really know who Robert Henri was when I found that quote.....but wouldn't you know it...he's a painter. A creative! My favorite kind of people.

On another note. I have always hated people with egos. A huge ego is the most unattractive quality a person can posses....and that just gets under my skin quicker than anything. It's ugly! And I feel sad for these "ugly" people. Even more sad that we have to exist in this world with them around.

Now....am I perfect. NO. Just expressing some thoughts. I do fully realize that there are things that I need to work on in my life. That I need to become better.....and put aside my own ego. That would be one of the reasons why we are here in this life, right? So just because I express my feelings & emotions on something it does not mean I'm saying I'm better than you. And if you feel that way......well maybe you're a little more sensitive then you're letting yourself believe.

And although I love you all. I feel no need for comments on this one, so I'm turning them off.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...