Thursday, May 31, 2007

Physical Post Pregnancy Blues


The toes above belong to me, Kimberly & Heather. I snapped this photo during our sisters photo shoot while I was in Vegas. I had just gotten a pedicure from Jen.

Now about the title. You know after you have a baby & maybe move across the country & you are so busy that you never really look at yourself in the mirror. And then the day comes along that you actually do. And you think things like: "When did my eyebrows get so overgrown?!" & "When was the last time I put lotion on?!" & "Have I actually been wearing these clothes out of the house?!"

Well, that's what's happening to me. I ordered some new clothes online. Hopefully they'll fit & I won't have to send them back. I made an appointment to get my hair done next Saturday (I'm so ready for a cut now. I'm going to look horrible by then). Maybe if I find some time I can tidy up my eyebrows.

All little fixes that will help me feel better until I can lose the extra 15-20 pounds I'm now sporting. Oh man! I shouldn't have eaten all that crap while I was pregnant!

I think I'm going to try a new hairstyle. Probably not the best idea when I'm going to get my hair cut from somebody I've never even met before. But, I'm thinking long, shaggy, side swept bangs. Anybody have any other suggestions? I totally miss my hairdresser Emily. That's one really scary thing about moving. Who will cut your hair?!?!

12 comments:

Amber said...

You are making me laugh right now! Only because it is so true.

I like that idea with you hair. It sounds cute! Good luck with the new girl!

Heather said...

Oh Candace. You are cute no matter what you think!!

You know the trick to finding a good hairdresser right??? Find someone who has cute hair and ask who cuts it. Sounds like a good style for you and not too drastic cut wise. So I'm sure you can't go wrong with a new girl and all.

cbhoff said...

I have actually been wanting to cut my hair to look like yours. Good luck though. I used to get mine cut at Hair We Are in Rexburg. I havn't had a clue of where to get my hair cut in Chicago and actually got it cut in Rexburg when I went for Christmas. Funny, I leave Chicago and go to Rexburg for a haircut.

cbhoff said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Chanel said...

I saw a great segment on the TODAY show about post pregnancy bodies, maybe they have soemthing on their website- check it out, it was really good!
You do have the best hair! I always want mine to look like yours, so I am sure what ever you decide will be perfect!

Oh and I haven't just had a baby or done a major move, but last night spent FOREVER in front of the mirror with tweezer- deforresting my own brows!

Emily W said...

You are so funny! I love to read your blog because you always make me smile. I wish I could fly out to do your hair for you. I don't know if you have tried this, but I went to Hairstyler.com and uploaded my picture. It costs $15 for a 3 month trial period, but you can use it as much as you want so your sisters and friends could do it too. Anyway, it is just a fun way to see what hairstyles would look good on you right now. Good Luck!!! Keep the pict's coming!

Jen Rose said...

You DO look cute no matter what. And, I even commented on your hair when you were in Vegas that it was super cute! Good luck with that. Heather is right....also make sure that your hairdresser herself has cute and stylish hair. For Sure!
And, your toes look cute. Love that orange.

Emily said...

That is so true! It's almost trumatic having to find a new hairstylist. Your hair is always cute, though.

The Fellers said...

I promise I know exactly how you feel. When I go to Canada...oh every 6 months or so...that is when I TRY and get my hair cut...hoping that my hairdresser is home, visiting her parents...or...yep you guessed it...I wait until the next time I am there....SICK....I promise I waited over a year until I had my hair done at all.....!!!

Patti said...

All the Duke girls have great hair. It was something I noticed early on (and remarked on it to your Mom) and it made me happy. I think my future grandchildren may have a chance . . .

Love me, Caity.

There is nothing like a new haircut to revive you after just giving birth. Go for it.

ashley said...

i hear you sister! don't be down, you just had a baby! (that is what i keep telling myself anyways)
i think the hair cut will help, go for a day (ok, maybe just a few hours if the baby can hold off) of pampering! you deserve it!

Michelle said...

You'll have to post pictues of your new cut. I have bad memories of Hair We Are in Rexberg. Spencer decided to get his hair cut when we were there (guys can go to anyone and not care) and I locked Avry in the car. Luckily some came pretty fast to get her out and didn't even charge us. I'll always remember Hair We Are.

Post a Comment

I looove comments. Thank you so much for taking the time. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...