Thursday, June 28, 2007

Skinny Baby Update (or) I'm a Bad Mom

Took Claire to the doctor today. She weighs 7 lbs. 6 oz. That's 6 oz. less than her birth weight. I was shocked! Totally. And I feel like such a bad mom. I knew she was tiny, but I didn't realize she weighed so little.

The doctor thinks that she is not absorbing what she needs from the breast milk. I am going to continue nursing her, but give her 1-2 oz. of formula after each feeding. We will hear results from her blood work tomorrow afternoon. Just to make sure there's nothing else going on. Other than being tiny, she's a really healthy girl.

We're just going to focus on getting some meat on her bones.


Heather said...

You are NOT A BAD MOM!
She does look so much skinner without her diaper.
I bet she'll gain some weight before Tuesday.
Hang in there.

cbhoff said...

I'd say don't feel bad but I know if I were in your shoes I would feel just as bad. Just think of it this way, maybe it's a positive sign that she won't have to worry about being over weight later on in life, that's my dream atleast. She'll gain some weight, you'll see. We'll keep her in our prayers just in case.

She's still stink'n cute.

Amber said...

Candace I agree with Heather. You are not a bad mom. She is a little skinny girl but at least she is happy and alert and otherwise healthy.

Post a Comment

I looove comments. Thank you so much for taking the time. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...