Monday, July 30, 2007

Church Girl


I'm back in primary again! I've been called to teach the Valiant 10 class & I'm a co-leader for Activity Days. I'm really excited about my class. They seem like a really good group of kids. The girls are pretty excited. I think that may be because I have a baby. They decorated the chalk board yesterday with swirlies & wrote "Welcome Sister Todd". It was cute. Activity Days should be fun as well. I remember loving it back when I was that age and it was called Merry Miss.

The lesson in sharing time this week was on pioneers. Listening to the stories made me tear up a little. I can't believe all that the pioneers went through because of their faith in the church & the gospel. How horrible would it be to have your children dying all along the way. I don't know that I would think it was worth it to lose my babies. Amazing how much they trusted in the Lord.

We had a combined 5th Sunday meeting where the ward mission leader gave a lesson on how to be more effective member missionaries. He asked the people who have been members their whole lives to remain sitting & those that haven't to stand up. It was seriously half & half. I love being around converts. I love their excitement for the church & how it's changed them. I love how they wish they'd found the church earlier in their lives. I love how they want to share it with everybody. I wish I was that excited to share it with everybody, but it scares me. Out here I know there will be many occasions when I meet people that I will be the first Mormon person that they have ever met (as far as they're aware). It's already happened a couple times. That to me is really cool & really scary at the same time. But it's fun to be able to say "look, we're normal people just like you." We'll see what living in Ohio brings as far as new friendships & missionary opportunities. The one thing I learned yesterday is to make it a matter of prayer & let the spirit guide.

13 comments:

Chanel said...

How cool! I bet you'll have so much fun in Activity Days!! You're picture is sooo cute, miss red toenails and polkadot skirt! ADORABLE!!!
What a nice class to decorate the chalkboard.

Converts ARE the best arn't they?? :)

Ryan gave a missioanry moment in our combined yesterday, he sits his Book Of Mormon on his desk where people will see it when they come talk to him, he says he is just waiting for someone to "take the bait". He's so funny. You will have a lot of chances to share the gospel and the best is just having people in your home and being you, you're full of the spirit, it will do the rest!

Keri said...

It's so fun to come into contact with you again. Your family is adorable. You seem so incredibly talented...just an amazing person!

Janae said...

Primary would be so fun! You can be in there when Sadie goes to Sunbeams! I'm scared about being the a good member missionary also. I've grown up in the "bubble" my whole life, so it will be a change for me. I'm sure you'll find it to be very fulfilling. There's a great article in the new July Ensign about being a member missionary. Check it out!

The Fellers said...

I am in the activity days too! I love it, and we have a lot of fun! Let me know if you have any cool ideas...we are always scrounging for fun stuff to do! And, I am envious of you, I wish that I knew more converts, most are amazing, and make me want to be a better person!

candi said...

i would love to do activity days! just got released from teaching the 16-18 sunday school class which was fun! but activity days would rock! and i just have to say, i love your hair with the wave!

Amber said...

You will be good at that calling. And your dress looks so cute!

ashley said...

ok cute girl- your adorable. and what a fun calling, sounds like your girls are going to be a lot of fun.

i know what you mean about being a better missionary, a lot of times i am just to scared for people to think that i am being pushy so i don't share with them, but i need to do better!

ashley said...

i forgot to say that your hair looks super cute and that museum looks like every kids dream!

ekreynolds said...

hey girl i talked to melanie and the first thing she ask me is how are you doing and then asks me if you have a calling yet. now i can let her know. gald to hear that your ward is a good one. it makes a difference when your far from home. your ward becomes your family. i love that. "smile so your teeth can breath"

Michelle said...

I'm gld you wrote that about that pioneers. Sometimes it scares me to leave he comfort of my home town and all those people did it on faith. I need some more of that.

Cute dress and sandals. Have fun with your new calling.

cbhoff said...

Brandt and I teach Valient 10 too! We ususlly just have 2 boys and one girl though. It's tough sometimes but I like being in primary.

Half the members here are converts from Africa so it was totally different than what I was used to. It's interesting and nice to hear their stories. It took a while to get used to it but now I wouldn't want to go back to the typical Rexburg ward. It's too bland for me.

Erin said...

That is so exciting that you are back in the Primary! Isn't primary great!

Ipuna said...

I love primary. I teach CTR 5.

Post a Comment

I looove comments. Thank you so much for taking the time. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...