Sunday, July 15, 2007

Cleveland Metroparks Zoo is Awesome

We went to the zoo this weekend. I was quite impressed. It was humongous & very clean. Very nice big areas for all of the animals to live. Not stinky at all....even the primate house.

Some fun things:

Sadie making a monkey face.
A bald eagle.
In the butterfly room:

Animatronic dinosaurs. Sadie was a little afraid of these.
Also cool....seeing giraffes running (yes, they have enough room to run), touching stingrays, seeing polar bears, seals, elephants, chimpanzees, gorillas & the most humongous fish I've ever seen in my life. It had to be like 200 lbs. It was swimming with the sharks. It was really gross.

Not so cool, but pretty funny: Sadie petting a squirrel. The squirrels in the picnic area at the zoo are pretty used to getting fed & not as afraid of humans as the squirrels in the park, I guess. We were watching Sadie chase after this squirrel, thinking nothing of it & before we know it she's squatting down talking to it & then starts petting it! We were a ways from her so yelling really didn't help. Dylan went running for her & luckily she didn't get bit or get her eyes clawed out.

We all had a lot of fun. It was a good day.

10 comments:

chanel said...

What a great zoo! The Dinosaurs are AWESOME! So glad Sadie didn't get her eyes clawed out too!! She's like the squirrel whisperer.

Dylan said...

Yeah, the zoo was fun. Candace got most of it right. If you want the rest of the story, I've got it over at the Big Red Robot.

There's more guts in my story.

Jenny + Mark = Love said...

Candace I like your new look on the blog, and love the big sunglasses! Isn't there a lot of fun stuff out there to wear? I don't know if you have Steve and Barry's out in your area, but checked them out today for clothes and they are super cheap and stylish! Good for the budget, and for the in between weight!

raeday said...

Her little monkey face is too cute! That looks like a really ncie zoo

Amber said...

It looks like you had a fun day.
I like Dylan's version of the story.

Usually Happy said...

I love these cute pictures of your girls! I can't wait to post fun pictures of our baby-due in one month. The reason I look like I'm just a really chubby 5/6 months pregnant instead of 8 is because I'm tall. It's interesting. Thanks for the comment on my website.

Caitlin said...

I love the zoo! When we went to the San Diego Zoo, the polar bears were my favorite. They were so huge! It was raining when we went but I guess that's a good thing because the animals are all more active. Or something like that.

I like your glasses, too.

Caitlin said...

I love squirrels. I'm also a little afraid of them.

Erin said...

How fun! I haven't been to the zoo in ages, but I'd love to go. That one seems pretty cool.

Ipuna said...

We need zoos like that in Vegas!

Post a Comment

I looove comments. Thank you so much for taking the time. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...