Tuesday, July 17, 2007

Gaining Weight!

Have you ever heard that when a baby sleeps with their hands up over their head it's a sign that they are healthy?


Claire is doing well. Today at her appointment with the doctor she weighed in a 8 lbs. 15 oz. She gained about one pound in the last two weeks. The pediatrician, nurse & myself all cheered & admired her plump cheeks & belly. We are still waiting for the results from her CF screening...which was sent all the way to a lab in Utah. Hopefully we'll hear back soon, in the mean time I'm trying not to think about it.


And, I'm excited to add all these formula samples to the ones we already have on the shelf. This specific formula is about $24 for one small canister. Hoping all this gets me by until her next appointment in a little over a month. At which point we'll decide if she can switch to regular formula.

8 comments:

Patti said...

My grandmother always said it was a sign of a "content" baby. She was the queen of old wives' tales . . .

Claire looks good and healthy. She's sweet.

P.S. My grandmother was also known for putting baby blankets in the oven to warm them up before swaddling. Swear.

Heather said...

Happy Claire is gaining weight. Funny that my kids never made it past the first month without weighing in at close to 13+ lbs. She is just a skinny girl!

Like the glimpse of your red countertopped kitchen. It does look very interesting.

Candace said...

Blankets in the oven....never heard that one before.

And yes, isn't my red countertop "interesting". I think a more appropriate word is "gross".

Michelle said...

I noticed the red counter tops too. It adds character to your house.

I'm glad to hear Claire is gaining weight. She looks good.

Amber said...

Formula is very expensive. And why does Crew have to be on the expensive soy brand too. And it is a smaller container & costs more. Nice that you could get some samples.
I am happy about Claire. That is a good thing.

Chanel said...

see now I didn't even notice the countertop, i had to click back and check- its awesome! and whatever its not like this is the house you're goign to be in forever.
Claire looks as darlign as ever- so healthy and sweet and scoopable, ya just want to pick her up and snuggle. I am so glad she's gaining weight, hows the nursing? THANK GOODNESS for SAMPLES!!!

Brooke said...

Wyatt used to sleep like that all the time. Big ol' bubba. I used to laugh because their little hands only goe up to their head and our arm goes way past our head.

That is SO great Claire is gaining weight. Does she the formula effect her sleep? Does she sleep longer?

The Fellers said...

I have heard that about babies with their hands over their heads....such a cute pic...and yay for gaining weight...and yay for formula samples, it is so expensive, and you go through so much so fast.....!!!

Post a Comment

I looove comments. Thank you so much for taking the time. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...