Thursday, August 23, 2007

Bean Activity



Sadie has been watching way too much TV, but it's just too darn hot & muggy to go to the park. So I pulled this little activity together for her. A container full of beans (food storage, of course), little objects to hide (pencil, paper clip, button, little toys), stacking cups or measuring cups & a spoon.

She's been hiding & finding the little objects & scooping up beans in her measuring cup. This could be done with rice as well. You will end up with some beans or rice on your floor, but it's worth it.

12 comments:

Dylan said...

Awesome. You rule. I wish you were my mom. Uh, that sounded weird.

I'm just gonna go now.

The Fellers said...

ok, such a great idea, you are so smart! And I love Dylans comment....HAHAHA

Keri said...

Wonderfully creative idea! I bet Sydney would love to do something like that!

Janae said...

You have such creative ideas! Any good preschool websites you can recommend? Thanks for the tips.

Keri said...

Janae & anyone else interested...I like the website, www.everythingpreschool.com I have found it very helpful. :)

ekreynolds said...

cute idea. that looks like fun lily would like that.

Michelle said...

I love sensory bins for kids. Beans are a good idea.

Erica said...

Sensory bins are awesome! What a great idea.

ashley said...

i love how sadie is using a pencil to rummage for treasure!

yet another good idea from your blog!

Candace said...

Sensory bins! I knew there was a real name for these things.

Thank you teacher Michelle.

Brooke said...

Dude! My mom used to do stuff like that all the time. She would put stuff like cornmeal (I think?) on cookie sheets and put us out on the lawn so it wouldn't make a mess. We would make roads for cars and other cool stuff. Those are great memories. My mom was cool like that and so are you!

Anonymous said...

Wow, I thought my Mom was the best! That is totally like a mini Archaeological dig! So RADICAL!!!

Thanks for the idea!!!

Holy smokes... I just read Dylan's comment. That is WAY TOO FUNNY!!!

Jacqueline

Post a Comment

I looove comments. Thank you so much for taking the time. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...