Monday, August 06, 2007

Chin Up, Cheer Up

* I've been meaning to get out & check out some of the nearby thrift stores. Last week we hit up the Unique Thrift Store where we found this Barbie car that Sadie just had to have. I remember her hugging it & saying, "I love you car". We need to go back on Mondays when everything is half price.



Also, I grabbed a bedspread/curtain set because I just couldn't pass up the fabric print. It's a little bright, but I kept trying to tell myself no & I kept coming back to it in the store. I gave it the sniff test & decided to go with it. I've already laundered it & made a tote for the shop. Can you imagine this fabric on a bed & curtains! Whoah! Cute as a tote bag though.



* We received word back from Claire's cystic fibrosis screening finally. It was negative. We feel so happy & so very blessed. Really, what is there to complain about? Well, other than the 83% humidity today. She's looking so much more plump. You may remember a previous photo of her on her changing table looking like she could break.


*This morning Dylan put all the dishes that had been drying in the kitchen away. He took the time to do this even though he had to go to work early today. He did this for me. Because he loves me & you know what....it made me feel really loved. What a great way to start the day & the week. Thanks Dyl.

13 comments:

Patti said...

Okay, that bag . . . I love that.

And Claire looks GREAT.

The Fellers said...

ok. I loved this post! I love that dylan put the dishes away, what a great hubby! and that material, makes for a good bag, but what the? a bedspread...haha, that makes me laugh! and clair....LOOKS sooo good...way to go, and I glad to hear that she is free and clear! Yay for a good week starter!

Amber said...

Girl I love that bag. Oh & the barbie car. That is a cute picture. And I love Claire. She looks so good. That is great news & such a relief.

Funky Finds said...

thanks for contacting me about your tote bags. they're awesome. i'll be featuring them on funky finds soon.

candi said...

i love the tote bag! now why wouldn't anyone want curtains or a bedspread out of that? ha ha!

Michelle said...

That's such good news about Claire's test. I've been waiting to hear.

Leave it to Candace to make a cute bag out of curtains and a bedspread. I wish I had your eye for funky cute stuff like that.

ashley said...

claire looks so good! are you still doing the formula after you feed her?

ok, i feel you, today at one point the humidity was 93%- yuck! i went for a walk at 7 this evening and was so sticky i wanted to die!

anyways, nice thrift store finds and i am happy to hear things are good there!

alexandra said...

Claire is looking fabulous - you must be so relieved.
Fabulous news.

chanel said...

claire looks so much better! happy day.

krysett said...

hey i was just curious......what camera and lens do you use??
your family is super cute!!

Robin said...

Love the baby, love the tote, love Dylan, love YOU!

Candace said...

Ashley,

yes. I'm feeding I'm doing about half & half (breastfeeding & bottle feeding). Sometimes we lean more on the bottle though as it's more convenient.

Krysett,

I have the Canon Digital Rebel & I just use the kit lens. 18-55mm

Ipuna said...

Claire looks so good. Good job on the bag! I love thrift stores!

Post a Comment

I looove comments. Thank you so much for taking the time. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...