Friday, August 10, 2007

Hello Emergency Room

* Last night Sadie was twirling around with puppets on both of her hands making them talk to each other & she ran into the dining room table.

* We got to the ER at about 7:00 p.m. She was wearing a black leotard/tutu number. She had no shoes on because Dylan was carrying her & her Little Mermaid underwear kept showing out the bottom.

* She was really scared to go because I had freaked her out a few weeks before, telling her how awful the hospital was & how she'd have to go stay the night there if she ran away from me in the parking lot & a car didn't see her & hit her.

* When she got her hospital bracelet, she commented on how we had made bracelets earlier that day.

* When we FINALLY got to a bed, I laid down with her to keep her from touching her eye & getting the numbing gel in it. We talked about her upcoming birthday. She decided that she wants a white cake w/ pink frosting, pink candles & pink sprinkles.

* They wrapped her up tight in a blanket. The nurse held her head still & I sat by her rubbing her belly & talking her through while the doctor put in one stitch. She cried the whole time.

* When it was over, I unwrapped her, took her in my arms, hugged her, rubbed her hair & kissed her forehead. She grabbed my face w/ both hands, gave me a big kiss on the lips & said, "I love you mama." She did the same to Dylan.

* She did not want to leave until she was given the popsicle the nurse had promised her.

*We finally got home at 10:30 p.m.



15 comments:

Jenny + Mark = Love said...

My daughter fell one time, they didn't give her stitches, it was something that looked like superglue. Her scar is in her eyebrow and if the light shines just right you can barely see it.
She too did not want to leave without her popsicle!

Amber said...

That is so sweet how she held your cheeks. You know that little girl was scared. Poor thing. But I am so glad she decided on her birthday.

Heather said...

Poor baby! I'm proud of YOU! That is hard to watch especially knowing how you feel about hospitals. What's with the popsicles?? No one ever offered Kyle popsicles the couple times he was in for stitches.

Erin said...

When Ana got her shots last week, I had to help hold her down and so I was right there watching as they stuck her legs. It was awful. You are a brave mom!

Caitlin said...

Those pictures of her are so cute. And I love that she grabbed both your cheeks.

Chanel said...

I LOVE blogs! You captured this crazy amzing moment so beautifully! How scary for her and YOU! I know you don't like the hospital or blood or anything and it sounds like you survived with flying colors- YAY CANDACE! How sweet are you too to keep her thinking of others things like BIRTHDAY PARTIES!
And adorable the way she squeezed your cheeks! She's a lucky girl!

raeday said...

She is too adorable! Glad that everything ended up okay.

The Fellers said...

oh.....so sad...i promise i almost started to cry, i woudl hve been a mess! i hope she feels better!

ashley said...

aww, poor girl! she makes that stitch look good. good job of distracting in the er. and how sweet is her love you? so. so. sweet.

ekreynolds said...

What a wild child, i wonder who she gets it from? just kidding. why does the ER have to take SOOOO long? sadie makes me smile. take care.

Michelle said...

She sounds like she was so brave (and you too)! The ER is a scarey place. I'm glad she's okay.

A popscicle is such a good idea. Bryton didn't even get a sucker after his ER surgery.

Ipuna said...

I am glad she is doing well. 3 and 1/2 hours from arriving to going home. That's fantastic! I restraining kids in the hospital, but it's to make them get better. It's sounds like the staff was good to you guys. That's great. Just stay away from the hospital :).

The "superglue" is dermabond, and I love that stuff. It works as well as stitches, but it depends on the injury site. If it's a site that may open with some pressure (like smiling), stitches are better. It's also the healthcare providers preference. Some people love stitches and have not been trained with dermabond.

Brooke said...

wLove her! Aren't kids so special and amazing! Every once in a while we get little special moments that make our hearts swell. That's what I think about as I picture her hugging you and Dylan after her stitch was put in. You are a great mom Candace.

Candace said...

we decided to go with the stitch since the cut is right there near her eye...right in the spot that she rubs with her fists when she's tied. didn't want to risk it coming open w/ the glue.

Haley Kofford said...

Gosh! Poor girl! I bet she was not happy about having to go to the hospital, but then again, who is? I'm glad that she was happy about getting her popsicle at the end of the night! :)

Post a Comment

I looove comments. Thank you so much for taking the time. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...