Wednesday, August 29, 2007

*I Love*

My cookie scoop. Have I seriously not proclaimed my love for my cookie scoop on my blog yet?

Nice uniform sized cookies & so much cleaner than using a spoon & my finger. Also love the Chocolate Chippers recipe that my mom always used. They are the Duke family's cookies. The recipe came from my mom's old Betty Crocker cookbook from the 70's. The one that is now falling apart. I have been making these cookies since I was about 12 years old. I've mastered them. They are the perfect blend of sugar & salt and are oh so chewy. I can never eat just one. I recently sent some of these cookies to Dylan's office. Everybody raved about them. I love it when people enjoy things I've made. It is a regular practice of mine to always make a triple batch of dough whenever I make these cookies.

Chocolate Chippers

1/2 c. shortening
1/2 c. granulated sugar
1/4 c. brown sugar
1 egg
1 tsp. vanilla
1 c. flour
3/4 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp. baking soda
1 6-oz pkg. chocolate chips (semi-sweet)

Cream shortening, sugars, egg & vanilla until light & fluffy. Sift together dry ingredients, stir into creamed mixture; blend well. Add chocolate chips. Drop from teaspoon 2 inches apart on a greased cookie sheet. Bake at 375 degrees for 10-12 minutes.

I also love open windows & fresh cool air circulating through the house, root beer floats, new magazines & my wedding ring. I love that I have sisters & love even more that those sisters are such cool people. Who send me unexpected surprises when I need it most & buy things from my little shop. I love feeling full & blessed.


The Fellers said...

I love your "I love" posts.....very up lifting, I want to try these cookies, I have to babysit a 6 and 10 year old today, maybe that is what we will do....thanks! Sounds good....and that cookie dough...well it made my mouth water, it is one of my weaknesses!!! WHOOHOOO!!!

alexandra said...

Totally agree about the cookie dough scoop - love mine - can't imagine baking cookies without it.
Yesterday I saw Giada DeLaurentiis using the two spoon method and all I could think of was 'what??!! - get the scoop, Giada!!'
The surprise sewing book looks great - would love to know more about it!!

Amber said...

I love those chocolate chip cookies too! My favorite!
Where did you get your scoop from? I think I need one now.

Candace said...

Amber, mine is from Pampered Chef. It's the medium sized scoop.

Emily W said...

Candace, Thanks for your positive posts. I definetly want to make those cookies today. I have the scoop too, but I got the small one. Maybe next time I'll order the bigger one. I am going to start the "I LOVE" post soon. It is so uplifting!

ekreynolds said...

that cookie dough looks so good!! yummy!! thanks for the recipe, i always love your recipes.

Keri said...

I'm in love with my cookie scoop, too. I have to say, making cookies is an that I love!

ashley said...

i am so glad that i am out of eggs, becuase your cookie dough looks so good i want to try your recipe right now!

how cool of your sister to send you that book! can't wait to see what you whip up next!

Dylan said...


We have a name for Giada at our house. We call her the "Big Head Lady." Because her head is enormous.

Well, I call her that, anyway.

Candace made me these cookies when we were dating, which, if there are any single ladies reading, is always a good idea.

alexandra said...

Hey Dylan,
I shall never look at Giada the same way again!!
What I can't get over is how her 'girls' are almost always on display. Love Giada though!! And my husband loves that I actually cook now.

Dylan said...

Let the record show that it was not I who mentioned Giada's, uh, "girls," though, yeah, they're always on the verge of escape.

Just want to make that clear.

Dylan said...

That it wasn't me. I just reread my comment and realized that I made nothing clear.

Erica said...

This is my favorite thing from Pampered chef....every time i get it out when making cookies i smile because now i know the secret of perfectly round cookies :)

Brooke said...

That's the same recipe I use too! They are so yummy! The only difference is........I use the bigger size scoop! Cause I'm crazy like that.

alexandra said...

Yes, let the record show that Dylan did not start the 'Giada and her girls' talk - sadly, it was me.
Dylan, consider yourself off the hook, Buddy!!
But seriously, if it weren't for Giada we would still be eating frozen lasagna or french toast for dinner.
Three cheers for the foodnetwork!!

Caitlin said...

I am a big fan of the cookie scoop too and it's worth it to buy the heavy one from Pampered Chef because the cheap ones always break. You know what I love using my scoop for? Muffins. So much less of a mess.

Post a Comment

I looove comments. Thank you so much for taking the time. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...