Friday, September 14, 2007

Got Christmas on the Brain

I've been having ideas swirling in my head of gifts to make the girls for Christmas this year. I really enjoyed making some handmade gifts last year for Sadie. The plan for this year:

Sock Monkeys. I'm going to make one for each of the girls. Dylan is requesting that he get one too. Perhaps I'll just make 4 total & there will be one for each of us under the tree. Directions for making the sock monkeys can be found here.

Felt cookies. The idea for these came about with Sadie's new kitchen. I plan on putting magnets on the back so they can stick right to the metal cookie sheet that came with her kitchen. Here's one example.

Doorway Puppet Theater
. From Bend The Rules Sewing. How cool is this! I know Sadie will love it & Claire will too when she's old enough.

Other than this stuff, I plan on purchasing 2 small toys for each of the girls. I already have an idea of what those will be. I now feel prepared for when the shopping season rolls around. I'm going to stand firm & not be swayed by all the ads to buy stuff I never planned on. Time to get to work on the homemade gifts!

14 comments:

The Fellers said...

hmmmm....well I just tried to post, and it wouldnt let me, so I will do it again!

I love christmas, it is my very favorite time of the year, I take down Halloween decprations, and put up Christmas, it makes me SO happy! (well I used to when i was single, Shon fights me on it now) I love the felt cookies, such a great idea. But I have a question for you, if I remember right, last year you made an apron for Sadie. Did you just make up that pattern? Or did you find it somewhere? I would really like to make one for Scoty (I know he is a boy, but I dont care), but I dont really know where to begin, I am just starting to learn more about sewing and was wondering if you could help me out with the apron pattern!? Thanks!

Dylan said...

I am excited for Christmas. You are cool.

Candace said...

I just found that apron at the Target dollar spot & added her initial to it. but here's a link for a tutorial for an apron made from a dishtowel. it looks pretty simple. I think an apron for a boy is cool. good luck.

ashley said...

your so cute! chirstmas in september! sounds like you have got it all figured out though, and what great ideas you have got!

Keri said...

You're on top of it! I love the idea of making homemade gifts for the girls. I have to think of something... I have had lots of creative ideas in my accounting mind swirling lately, probably thanks to you! You are an inspiration. Thanks!

Keri said...

Just posted a recipe for you, Candace.

Erica said...

SUCH great ideas...looks like our girls will be getting the same things this christmas...LOL...only slightly kidding :D

wrightfamily said...

Candace, you are amazing! You make me think I can do anything. Reading your blog makes me want to start a project. How do you make the puppet theatre? My kids would like that. Are you going to make the puppets?

Caitlin said...

I'm excited for Christmas and I'm really glad you posted this now so that I can start thinking about my shopping early, too.

cbhoff said...

You're awesome Candace. I really need to learn to sew.

Michelle said...

That's such a good idea to start thinking about gifts now. Homemade gifts are the best and I think Sadie will love the ideas you have. A puppet theatre sounds like fun.

raeday said...

Those are some fun ideas. I love the sock monkies!

Heather said...

So ambitious....I like the sock monkeys maybe I'll give them a try.

chanel said...

those cookies ROCK! Maybe I'll try making them sometime. Ive been tryign to narrow down what I want to get them. I made a limit last year of three gifts from mom & DAD AND 3 gifts from santa. i already got a bunch of art supplies with the back to school sales! yay!

Post a Comment

I looove comments. Thank you so much for taking the time. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...