Sunday, September 23, 2007

*I Love*

I love my blog. Is that vain? Oh well, it's true. I admit that I look at my very own blog a few times each day. I love every bit of information & every photo that I post on my website. I love what I've set up here. It's mine. It's one of my babies. I especially love to take a look back though the archives at photos of my little Sadie, or my pregnant belly, or a dinner I made. I love being able to reread my words & re-live exactly how I was feeling at the time.



I also love so very much the connection that I have with all my blog buddies. I love being a part of your lives through the computer screen & I love that you are a part of my life as well in this crazy internet world.

Check out some of my readers & buddies:

*Cherine bought the adorable vintage apron pictured above from my etsy shop. When I saw that she had purchased it, I was so excited I did a mental back flip (cause I could never do that in real life, could you imagine the results). Cherine is so cute as is the apron & I knew they would make a wonderful pair. Plus I thought her dark coloring would look divine with a sweet blue patchwork apron. I think I was right.

*I just stumbled upon Ollie through my stat counter. I was flattered to read that I had inspired her to sew & to look for old fabric to repurpose. Check out the amazing projects she's recently completed. What a great seamstress.

*I've also been thinking a lot about Janae lately. Janae has just gone through a brand new baby & a move across the country, just like I did a few months ago. I love her openness about feeling overwhelmed. We all feel this way. Recently I was telling a friend about how I feel like I'm constantly neglecting something in my life. I focus on my kids or my crafts & my chores are neglected. I focus on my chores & my kids are neglected. I focus on staying on top of everything for everybody & I'm neglected. It makes me think of the starfish story:

Once a man was walking along a beach. The sun was shining and it was a beautiful day. Off in the distance he could see a person going back and forth between the surf's edge and the beach. Back and forth this person went. As the man approached he could see that there were hundreds of starfish stranded on the sand as the result of the natural action of the tide.

The man was stuck by the the apparent futility of the task. There were far too many starfish. Many of them were sure to perish. As he approached the person continued the task of picking up starfish one by one and throwing them into the surf.

As he came up to the person he said, "You must be crazy. There are thousands of miles of beach covered with starfish. You can't possibly make a difference." The person looked at the man. He then stooped down and pick up one more starfish and threw it back into the ocean. He turned back to the man and said, "It sure made a difference to that one!"

I often feel like I will never do everything I need to. I'll never get all these starfish back in the ocean. But every little bit that I do does make a difference. I try to focus on what I have done that is good & fulfilling to me & my family. I try not to get down on myself for what I haven't done. And get this, the honest to goodness, down right dirty truth is.....there is a piece of paper that is currently STUCK to my dining room table. A watercolor painting that Sadie made. It's been there a few days & she's eaten cereal & spilled milk on it a few times.....anyway....it's plastered there. I have been focusing on writing a talk for church (yeah, that's my excuse) & I haven't even tried to get it off yet. There, you have it. Really, I wasn't going to share this on my blog, but I needed to. That one's for you Janae!

Oh, one more thing! The starfish story is exactly how I feel about living a green life as well. Every little thing I do to care for the environment makes a difference. :)

14 comments:

Jen Rose said...

You are truly amazing Candace! I always love reading your blog. You are very inspiring. Thanks for sharing!

chanel said...

you're so together, so positive! i love the starfish story, I think it was my high school principal's theme or something, i remember starfish- ask Dylan???
ANyway...good reflection!

Keri said...

I'm sure you see that I look at your blog multiple times each day. :) I love reading it. Thanks for sharing your life with us. In a way, it seems strange that I'm now in touch and an online friend with you, since it's been years since I lived near you. I do remember really liking you then, though, so I guess things haven't changed!

Janae said...

You should love your blog, cuz I love it too. You have such a knack for design and creativity.

You know, it's funny because our RS lesson yesterday was on procrastination. That seemed to tie in with loving ourselves. You are so sweet to be thinking of me and please know that I'm always admiring you and love staying in touch!

BTW, it's nice to know you're human and have a picture stuck to your table. :) Good luck on your talk.

Erin said...

I love your blog too. I check it more than once every day! Thanks for being an inspiration to all of us. ps how do get a stat counter?

Candace said...

I went to statcounter.com for mine. I like to look at how many people are coming by each day & I also check out the websites of people that have a link to my blog from theirs. They aren't always commenters & so it's a nice surprise sometimes.

Keri....I can't see how many times you come by :). I check everybody else's blogs a couple times daily. I should just subscribe to bloglines already. maybe it will free up some time for me to get more stuff done.

Erica said...

Yeah, I'd have to agree that I love your blog too :).

katherine said...

I'm a random reader of your blog...one of the many it sounds like. Just wanted to let you know that I love your blog too! Such great ideas and so inspiring!

Heather said...

Okay, well I guess I can't "lurk" anymore, since you know who is looking at your blog. I figured I should tell you that I too like looking at your blog and being inspired, that way you wouldn't just think I was some creepy person!!

I found you through your sister's blog.

Have a Happy Day!

QueenCherine said...

Candace I just feel cool to have known you for soooooooooo long now. You have always inspired me. But I have to admit when we were in junior high and i start to hang out at your house you kinda scared me all maroon combat booted out. But I am glad we all get over those phases. You ended up being such a wonderful friend.

I was thinking about our Chico State trip. GOOD TIMES!!!

Thanks for syaing those nice things about me on your blog!!!

P.S Can I just say Dylan cracks me up!!! I like his blog

Mucho take it easy... said...

Hey Candace- it's Jessie Howard- I just wanted to give you props on that cute apron Cherine is showing off on her blog. You are SO talented! I'll have to check out your shop-

Christian and Emily said...

I found your blog randomly too a couple months ago, and I love it! I love reading about your cute ideas for kids activities, and your awesome etsy shop has motivated me to finally learn how to sew! Thanks for letting me read!

Howling Pickup said...

I feel like a broken record, but I too love your blog and I too feel inspired by it.

Carol said...

Hey Candace, yes I'm an occasional lurker...Heathers friend, Carol. I enjoy your blog, you have so many great ideas. I love your sewing. It's inspiring me to do more with my machine and my stash of unused stuff!

Post a Comment

I looove comments. Thank you so much for taking the time. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...