Wednesday, September 26, 2007

Poor Puppy


Maddy was bit by the neighbor's dog last week while Dylan was taking her out. Maddy was on a leash. The other, bigger dog wasn't. We didn't really notice any wounds at all until a few days ago. Scheduled an appointment with the vet. The wound had gotten infected & appeared to be pretty deep. They sedated her to be able to clean it out & get a better look. Luckily when they got a better look at it, they didn't feel that she needed stitches. It's pretty gross though. The wrapping that the vet put on her kept peeling back & so Dylan put this bandage on her.

I had to go talk to the neighbors....for the very first time....and let them know that I'd be bringing them the bill. Very nice people. I felt bad that this is what had to happen to get us to meet each other.

Poor Maddy. I feel so bad for her. So I haven't been telling her to get off the girls' blanket like I normally would.

13 comments:

Keri said...

Sad. Glad you were able to get her taken care of, though. Yeah, that is an un-fun way to meet the neighbors...

amanda said...

so sorry to hear about maddy. did dylan see them get into a fight? well that is sure good the neighbors were nice. hope they still are after they see the vet bill:)

Heather said...

Wow..you're brave to bring them the bill! Hope she feels better soon.

Dylan said...

Yeah, I saw the whole thing. I was holding the leash to take her out to go potty before I left for work. I checked her out afterward and she looked fine... guess I didn't do as good of a job as I thought.

Poor thing.

Candace said...

well the bill is $250. i'm not paying it! they need to learn to keep their dog on a leash if he's going to be attacking other dogs.

so not cool.

Patti said...

I just realized that's the first time I've seen your dog. Cute!

And I second that part about being brave with the vet bill. Good for you.

Walling Family said...

I hope they pay the bill and you don't have to have to keep bringin up the issue. Yeah tye should learn, keep your dog on a leash. But what a cute dog!

The Fellers said...

wow, I totally could not have gone and talked to the neighbors like that, that would have been really scary, poor doggie, I hope she feels better soon!

Amber said...

Poor Maddy! And yes people should keep their dogs on a leash. It's their own fault. And a hard $250 lesson to learn!

chanel said...

whoa! you gave them the bill! you rock!

wrightfamily said...

I can't believe you were brave enough to go talk to the neighbors. Wow! I had forgotten that you even had a dog. Hope he gets better soon!

Jen Rose said...

I'm so impressed you gave them the bill! You go girl.

QueenCherine said...

Accountability!!!! I LOVE IT!!!

Post a Comment

I looove comments. Thank you so much for taking the time. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...