Thursday, September 13, 2007

What's Cookin'?

So Fall has officially arrived in Cleveland (finally). I do love the change of seasons & summer to fall just happens to be my favorite. I'm so happy to not be sweating all the time, so the cool air when I wake up in the morning while I'm still snuggled up in bed is so very welcoming. I have dreams of making apple crisp & burning pumpkin spice candles. Already thinking about a warm cup of hot chocolate & Christmas crafting. But....a little more immediate is.....what to cook for dinner now that I can use the oven.

We had Chicken & Rice w/ Bell Pepper last night. It takes some time in the oven. I know that I've already passed this recipe on to quite a few of my blog readers, but there are some of you out there that this one will be new to. I have never met anybody that didn't like this recipe. Seriously. It's a keeper, for sure. It's one that my mom made quite often while we were kids. She still makes it for family dinner & I know all my sisters are now making it for their families.

Chicken & Rice w/ Bell Pepper

1 cube butter or margarine, melted in pan
chicken pieces

1/2 cup flour
1 tsp. salt
1/4 tsp. pepper
1/4 tsp. poultry seasoning
1 tsp. paprika
1 cup rice
1/2 cup chopped onion
1 medium green bell pepper, chopped
1/2 tsp. salt
1/8 tsp. pepper
3 cups chicken broth

Melt butter in a 9x13 pan. Mix next 5 ingredients (flour, salt, pepper, poultry seasoning, paprika) in a ziploc bag & shake chicken in bag. In pan w/ melted butter, bake chicken only at 400 degrees for 25 minutes. Mix rice with remaining ingredients. Remove chicken from pan. Pour rice mixture into the dish & place chicken back on top of the rice. Cover with foil & bake at 400 degrees for 45 minutes.

Try it. You'll love it....and your husband will ask you to make it again & again.

Now that I've shared with you....please share with me. Let me know what you like to cook for dinner in the colder months. Share your recipes on your blog & send me a link or just leave the recipe in my comments. Thanks!

And just because...take a look at Claire looking nice & chubby. She'll be 5 months old in about a week & we're just now moving up to 3-6 month clothes.

14 comments:

cbhoff said...

She's looking great! I'll try to share some recipies on my blog when I have time. I'll have to try to think of something you havn't shared with me:)

amanda said...

I LOVE THAT RECIPE!!! it really is sooo good. for those of you how haven't tried it, its really easy and oh so good.

i love those cheeks on that girl. so cute

Amber said...

Yes that is a favorite at our house for sure. We just had it last week. And Claire is getting so big. I wish I could just squeeze her!

Keri said...

I'll have to try that recipe. It sounds really good. I've got some favorite recipes that I guess I need to share, too. Thanks!

The Fellers said...

I think that sounds delicious! I bet Shon will love it, I should try it soon, when it isnt over 90 degrees here. I love to cook in the winter, and I cant wait to really start using my oven more. I think it would be fun to start a recipe swap or something. I am pretty basic, with good old country cooking, nothing too exciting, just what my grandma has in her cook book...I am more of a baker then a cook I would say.....let me know what you think about a recipe swap? I woudl love to know what everyone else is cooking, sometimes I feel like I am cooking the same thing everyother week, I need to give my poor husband something else to look forward to!

The Fellers said...

as my last comment was posting a thought popped into my head. A friend of mine started an "Ask Anything Blog"....if I started a recipe blog, do you think people would join me? Would you?

QueenCherine said...

Hey thanks for the recipe. I enjoy your cooking tid bits. I think your friend with the cooking blog idea would be fun!!! I'd join her!

Candace said...

Vinnie,

I think a recipe blog is a cool idea. One of my blog buddies, Ashley, & a few of her friends have a blog like that. I think it's cool cause you can share what recipes worked & were a hit with your family. Definitely nice to share those. I'd be in on it for sure. Looks like Cherine would want to join too.

Keri said...

I would also be in on a recipe swap blog!

Hoffmans said...

Hey Candace,
did i ever respond to your comment on my blog? I do remember you and am so impressed with your crafty abilities. I have been watching your blog for a while and it is great to see all the fun things you come up with. Keep in touch.
Amber

Leslie said...

i love my recipe blog. i use it all the time while I'm making dinner. i only post recipes that i have tried and that i would make again.
you can see it here!

Brooke said...

I love the picture of Claire! I've been thinking recently how much a miss that stage with my kids. They are so dang cute at that age. She is a doll!

Caitlin said...

Claire looks so chubby and cute!

Michelle said...

I'm going to try that recipe and I'll post one on my blog. Thanks! I just read about the recipe blog it's a good idea. I'd be in on it.

Claire is looking like such a big girl... so cute!

Post a Comment

I looove comments. Thank you so much for taking the time. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...