Monday, October 29, 2007

Oh, Ryan


The concert was AMAZING! Such a great time. Ryan & The Cardinals did not disappoint. The first half was electric. Lots of different arrangements on the songs, so it wasn't straight up what you're used to hearing on the albums. The best part was that some of the songs were really fast & loud....& it was incredible. I loved it. The second half they switched to acoustic guitars. That was amazing as well. I've always loved that about Ryan....the mix of rock & rootsy. And that voice....oh man. Boy's got talent....that's for dang sure.

Walking into the auditorium:

Dylan: I hope he doesn't have homeless man hair.

Me: I hope he doesn't wear go go boots.

Well.....Dylan got what he wanted. Not me. Luckily the platform boots were tucked under his skin tight jeans. I don't think I could have gotten past him wearing knee-high go go boots on top of his jeans. It probably would have made me mad the whole time. Anyway....why Mr. Adams do you wear those boots? You're like a wobbly giant on stage. It's strange.

Anyway....a great show. I love Ryan. I love the Cardinals. Glad to finally have been able to see them live.

3 comments:

Keri said...

Love yours & Dylan's conversation. Glad you got to get out and have fun.

Amber said...

Glad you had a good time!

Dylan said...

I would concur with Candace's statement's about the show. It was excellent. Having been a Ryan Adams fan from way back in his Whiskeytown days (circa the amazing Stranger's Almanac, by the way), it was really great to see him, even if he is the biggest baby in rock & roll.

If any of you out there like country music (and I know there are more than a few of you out there), I'd recommend giving him a listen. If it helps, he wrote "When the Stars Go Blue," most recently covered by Tim McGraw (who sucked all life from the song, but that's just my opinion).

Anyway, enough pimping of the awesome here. That's what I have my own blog for, right?

Post a Comment

I looove comments. Thank you so much for taking the time. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...