Monday, October 22, 2007

Romantic?

Does your husband ever bring you home nice, romantic gifts? Like flowers, or.....I don't know. See, I'm not a very traditionally romantic person. Well, Dylan brought home a gift for me last week. He came in the door holding a Target bag behind his back & smiling with this sneaky, sweet little smile. He's so cute. Anyway, it was a brand spankin' new hair dryer & I thought it was such a romantic thing for him to do. I know....how is a new hair dryer romantic? But you see....I was really needing a new one, and I'm too cheap to actually buy one. I was waiting for this one to die. Dylan was worried that my hair was going to catch on fire. Take a look:



He got the new one on clearance too. Makes it even more special to me. That night we had a conversation that went like this:

me: "Are we romantic?"
Dyl: "I don't know. We're freakin' weirdos."

So, I don't know how romantic we are. I just know how in love we are......and it's all good. And for the record....he does bring me flowers sometimes. And now that I think about it, he has on a few occasions when we've been driving, pulled off the road to run out in a field & pick a flower for me. Now what's more romantic than that?

10 comments:

Michelle said...

Dylan was looking out for your hair... that's romantic.

I wish Craftsman made blow-dryers so when they broke I could just take it back and get a new one. I go through about 1 blow-dryer a year.

Keri said...

I think that's really cool of him to do. I would consider it romantic, since he's obviously thinking of you & doing something kinds. I'd take something like that any day over flowers...okay, so most days. :)

cbhoff said...

That's really funny. Brandt doesn't think he's romantic because he doesn't buy me flowers and such but he does other things. Like get me a new alarm clock as an anniversary gift because the old one was ugly. We've had that same conversation and Brandt said the same thing. I think designers live in a different world. I think you get it.

Good thing he bought you a new hair dryer, the old one looked pretty bad. I don't know if you remember when mine turned into a blowtorch but that was scary.

jennifer said...

ha! love that - we're the same way. office supplies and pork chops are the way to my heart :-)
how cool you are in cleveland! we should share thrift shop lists!

amanda said...

good job dylan... and candace i love your writing on your blog cause that is so you and i can just hear you voice saying this. you make me laugh

Dylan said...

Christina, I think it has less to do with Brandt & me being designers and more to do with the both of us being pretty weird people.

Janae said...

i think that's so cute. That's what keeps the love going!

Amber said...

Yeah it was time for a new hair dryer when your husband worries about your hair catching on fire!

Howling Pickup said...

Tell Dylan he needs to give Andrew some pointers!

The Hale Family said...

That is awesome. I love it! Nick sends flowers sometimes and I love it! A new hair dryer though? I would LOVE that!!! :) I loved the pics of your kids in the park! Sadie is so big!

Post a Comment

I looove comments. Thank you so much for taking the time. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...