Sunday, November 04, 2007

And the Yellow Rose Apron Goes To....

Chloe Elizabeth!

And by the looks of things, she enjoys cooking. Right on! Chloe, send me an e-mail w/ your address & I'll get that off to you soon. Thanks for all the comments. I wish that I could send you all a little happy something in the mail. Since I can't afford that.....I'll give you a yummy recipe that we had last week. This one is from Everyday Food Magazine. It came together really quick & was very yummy.



Chicken Tenders Parmesan w/ Penne & Broccoli

2 large eggs
3/4 cup finely grated Parmesan
1/2 cup plain dried breadcrumbs
1-1/2 lbs. chicken tenders
1-3/4 cup tomato sauce (homemade or store bought)
4 oz. part-skim mozzarella, shredded (about 1 cup)
8 oz. penne rigate or other short pasta
1 pkg. (10 oz.) frozen broccoli florets, thawed
1 tbsp. olive oil

1. Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Heat broiler, w/ rack set 4 inches from heat. In a medium bowl, whisk eggs. In another bowl, combine 1/2 cup Parmesan and breadcrumbs. Season chicken w/ salt & pepper. Dip tenders in egg, then in Parmesan mixture; place on a rimmed baking sheet. Broil until golden, 2-4 minutes per side.

2. Preheat oven to 450 degrees. Spread 1 cup tomato sauce in bottom of a 9x13 baking dish. Then top w/ chicken, remaining 3/4 cup sauce, & finally mozzarella. Bake 15-20 minutes or until cheese is melted.

3. Meanwhile, cook pasta in boiling water until al dente, according to package directions, adding broccoli for final 30 seconds. Reserve 1/2 cup pasta water; drain pasta & broccoli, and return to pot. Add oil & remaining 1/4 cup Parmesan. Toss, gradually adding some reserved pasta water until pasta is lightly coated.


***If anybody really wants a yellow rose half apron, please e-mail me. I can make you one & set up a reserved listing on etsy. They'd be $15 plus shipping.

12 comments:

Dylan said...

I can testify that this meal is incredibly delicious. You will not be disappointed.

chloe elizabeth said...

I'm so excited!!!

Keri said...

The food looks so good. You seem to have lots of great recipes! Thanks!

bLaSk said...

Congrats and I will get the recipe to my hubby, he does the cooking...haha! I just wanted to apron to be cute and act like I cook.. haha!!

Kristina said...

rats...

thanks for such a fun giveaway! you've inspired me to attempt my own apron.

and that recipe looks delish.

The Hale Family said...

Yum! I am totally trying that recipe. Thanks for sharing!

amanda said...

thanks for giving me something new to try. it doesn't look to crazy hard.

QueenCherine said...

Hey you know I'm in (apron). I'll buy one!!!

candi said...

looks absolutely yummy! that is one we will be having for dinner tomorrow night!

Ariane said...

That dinner looks really delicious AND it looks like something my 3 year old would eat! YAY! I am all about easy and delicious!

Caitlin said...

I saw that recipe. With your recommendation I'll totally try it!

Heather said...

Yeah for Chloe!
Yeah for a new recipe.
Thanks for sharing

Post a Comment

I looove comments. Thank you so much for taking the time. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...