Tuesday, November 06, 2007

Learning the ABC's


I've been working with Sadie on her ABC's. Our main goal right now is letter recognition & a little bit of what sounds each letter makes. I print up a letter worksheet. We work on writing the uppercase & lowercase letter. Then we cut out pictures from magazines that start with that letter. See above for letter B: baby, bike, Blue, bear. Sadie has responded to this really well. It's great for us to sit down & have even just 10 minutes where all my attention is focused on her. We've been taking it slow, just one letter per week. At bedtime, when I read her a book, I also like to ask her to point out specific letters....both upper & lowercase.

8 comments:

Keri said...

I need to get back into the teaching groove again. I'm amazed at how much a 3-year old's brain retains! Sydney is constantly asking what certain letters are, and of course, her favorite is S.

Howling Pickup said...

Good ideas. It is amazing how fast they learn.

The Hale Family said...

Thanks so much for the print-offs! I just printed a bunch off and now I can work with Kennedy! She goes crazy in the afternoons, so this is perfect! Thanks Candace!

QueenCherine said...

Go Candace! You are so full of GREAT ideas!!!

Brian + Jullie said...

The learning of kids reminds me of my niece Maidison Go Here ---> http://anamarieandtylerfamily.blogspot.com/ and read the sept. 14th post it is hilarious!

(I hope we did the right thing?! post)

Ariane said...

The amount of things a 3 year old can learn are amazing. We used magnets. I don't know if Sadie is into them, but Clayton is and, I'm not kidding, he had his letters and sounds learned by the time he was 2. We also got bath letters for him to play with. I wasn't even really trying to teach him. Good luck, I bet she'll pick it up before you know it!

emily said...

ooohh . . . great print offs!! thanks for the link! my girls will love this!

Rolyndia said...

Those worksheets are great. Thanks for sharing them. I was just trying to find something for the kids and these are it. Thanks again.

Post a Comment

I looove comments. Thank you so much for taking the time. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...