Thursday, November 08, 2007

Waiting For The Sun


I had a successful thrift store trip earlier this week & now I'm just waiting for the sun to come out so I can get photos of some of the items that will go into the shop. I was happy to find some fabrics, all which have pretty large yardage. The yellow polka dot & green gingham will be used for the doorway puppet theater I'm making the girls for Christmas. These fabrics are waiting in line to be washed behind all the regular laundry.


Sadie is usually up in the mornings before I am. Just about every morning she comes in our room and says, "The sun is out!". It's already 9:30 & she's still in bed today. Sweet girl. We had an appointment with the optometrist this week. We need to go back later this month to have her eyes dilated. So we really didn't find out much at this appointment. However, the doctor did make me feel a bit guilty for not having her wear her glasses all the time. I made a goal to stay on top of it. With the promise of a new toy next time we go to Target, she wore her glasses all day yesterday. I let her take a break from them for about an hour in the evening, but she put them back on again when asked & we even had to take them off her face so we could get her jammies over her head before bedtime. I'm proud of her. I love her & I want her to be healthy.

And, Mr. Sun, it would be good if you could make an appearance today.

9 comments:

The Hillz said...

Hello Candace!

I love the yellow poka dots! We just started a blog yesterday and I have got a confession that I have been checking yours out for quite sometime now! I love your store too!

Morgan

Keri said...

Beautiful picture of Sadie sleeping!

Erin said...

I love, love, love the pink one. I don't know what I'd do with it if I had it, but I absolutely LOVE it!

amanda said...

hey girl, i like the blue fabric, way cute. isn't that nice to have them sleep so good. love it. good luck with the glasses stuff, i know that would be hard at first to make sure she has them on all the time. when i first got mine, it would give me a headache if i wore them too long. your such a good mom

Michelle said...

You have such a good eye for picking out fabric. I tried to pick out some fabric the other day and I struggled with it.

alexandra said...

Hi Candace,
Love this post - it's all just so lovely.
Wonderful about Sadie, her glasses and her improving vision!!
Thanks for sharing.

emily said...

such a sweet picture!

reminds me of a saying that i saw on a painted sign . . .

the only thing worth stealing, is a kiss from a sleeping child.

ashley said...

you have got to have the best thrift stores around you, i am so jealous! great fabric finds!
and a doorway puppet theater?! that is so cool.

Ariane said...

You are so talented to be making Christmas presents for your kids! Every time I try to make home-made gifts they turn out horrible! I am NOT a born crafter. And Sadie is so cute. I love to see kids in glasses, I think it's adorable!

Post a Comment

I looove comments. Thank you so much for taking the time. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...