Wednesday, December 12, 2007

Around Here...

we're seeing a lot of this these days:

Don't worry. The crib mattress has been lowered.

Also very impressive:


And her favorite, climbing on me:


Also, the gift making is moving along. I'm not able to share all of my creations....for surprises would be ruined. This tissue cozy is for my grandma. The fabric was hidden inside a grab bag of thrifted fabrics. A pleasant little surprise that I found once I got home & was able to better inspect all that the bag contained. I thought maybe grandma should really have one in the red polka dot...better to spot in her purse, but I'm loving the pretty green print more today.


Who knows, maybe I'll just give her two. I can't think of anybody that needs a tissue cozy more than my grandma, so I'm excited to give this to her. And just for the record, she's getting more than just tissue holders. :)

And....goodness for your belly! We had this soup last night. There were no leftovers. It has such good flavor, you could even omit the bacon for a meatless option. This recipe doesn't make a whole lot so you may need to double it if cooking for a family.

7 comments:

alexandra said...

Claire looks so cute!! She must be lots of fun now.
And, I am definitely going to try that soup. Soup sounds so appealing right now - it's freezing over here!!

Keri said...

So cute to see Claire growing up and getting more and more mobile! I love that green print fabric...really cute! It's always fun to see what you're up to.

Heather said...

The tissue cozy for Grandma is PERFECT!

QueenCherine said...

Claire is getting so big! She looks older to me! P.S your grandma would like that!! Did you know your Grandma is in my parents ward? I see her when we come to town and go to their ward! She is cute!

chanel said...

that tissue cozy is soo cute! what a great idea for a grandma!!!

and CLAIRE!! Oh my shes adorable! I love how bald she is!!

Keri said...

Candace--I'm not sure how soon Jenna will be walking. I don't think I'm a very good judge of those things. I hope she crawls for a while, though. She's still pretty wobbly on her legs, even though she's up on them all the time. Sydney walked at about 14 months...I think.

Ariane said...

Claire is so cute! I am so jealous of your ability to make great gifts like tissue cozies and aprons and things. I don't have the patience (or talent) to sit and create something like that. You are such an artist!

Post a Comment

I looove comments. Thank you so much for taking the time. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...