Monday, December 03, 2007

Brrrr

We got a little bit of snow this morning & Sadie could not contain her excitement. I let her go out on the patio for a little bit, but we're getting really nasty wind with gusts up to 50 mph, so I lured her back in with a mug of hot cocoa. She didn't let me forget the "mushmellows". She was so cute. She wanted to make an angel. Not enough snow for that. I guess the time has come to get her snow boots for this year.


We live in an old house. It's quite drafty. The worst spot is this door that leads to the stairwell down to the front door. The stairwell is always freezing & this door has an inch gap where the cold just pours in. I made this draft snake the other night. It took me all of 10 minutes to make it. It is quite amazing the difference it makes. Our front room stays so much more toasty. Unfortunatly, Sadie found it & has now made it her own toy, so I need to make a new one. Actually, I need to whip up quite a few more of these for different doors & windows throughout the house. I love making something practical & useful with stuff I've got around the house.


This is basically just a tube of fabric filled with lentils. You could also fill it with any other kinds of dried beans or rice. Cut your fabric whatever length you need plus an inch & 4" wide. With right sides together, sew up the long end & down one of the short ends. Flip it out. Fill it. Turn in the other end & sew closed. Easy Peasy.

8 comments:

royaloaker said...

I'm a bad mom...I kept saying, "We'll go out a little later", then it rained. :( That coat looks familiar!!! My 2 year old has it. Isn't it great? Love that Target! :)

Keri said...

Love your draft snake. Almost makes me want some drafts so I could make some...almost. Sadie looks so cute. Sydney asked if it was herself & then wanted to know who Sadie is. Sorry to hear about the wind. That makes cold weather all the worse.

Amber said...

Wish I could sew cause that is so cute! Brian put a big ol' blanket in front of out door last night. But now I need to figure out where to put the blanket during the day. That draft snake would be much better. Love your ideas girl.

Oh & that green polka dot bag. I am so tempted right now! I wonder who has my name for Xmas???

The Fellers said...

you are so smart, and so creative, what a great idea...sadie is so cute!

The Hale Family said...

That door thing is so cute. You are so crafty and creative. I love checking your blog for the latest in the Candace treasures! Sadie looks so cute. We have no snow, it's so weird!

Morgan said...

you are so crafty!

Ariane said...

We live in an old drafty house too. What a great and cute idea for keeping out the cold! I'll have to make some, thanks for the idea!

Jess said...

hi candace. i came across your blog and LOVE your stuff. you are so cute! i added you to my blog if you dont mind! :D

Post a Comment

I looove comments. Thank you so much for taking the time. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...