Friday, December 14, 2007

Doorway Puppet Theater



I'm pleased with how it turned out. Aside from the tension rod & a couple dowels, it's made entirely from thrifted materials. I love the large blue floral print fabric for the valances. This was a set of drapes that I cut up. The fabric isn't a cotton & it has a bit of a stretch to it, which turned out to be a major pain in the butt. But I think it was worth a few minor headaches. This is also the first time that I used bias tape & I think I'm in love.

Oh! The first night I got started on this I sewed all the hems. The next day I noticed that half my hems were facing the wrong way. I did not want to pick out those long hems & redo them, so I just decided that they were going to stay that way. I'm still glad I made that decision. My kids will still love it.

10 comments:

QueenCherine said...

Sadie will love that! You are so creative and talented!

Patti said...

FUN!

courtnee said...

I am in love with this. Jon bought me a sewing machine for my birthday last year because I really wanted one. Unfortunately, I have not used it even once. Your puppet theater makes me think I might pull it out this week. You are so inspiring.

Keri said...

What a fun gift. It looks wonderful. What a gread way to encourage your girls' imaginations!

Amber said...

That turned out really cute!

Jen Rose said...

That turned out awesome! You are so incredibly talented!

QueenCherine said...

Candace when are you flying into Vegas? ARe you staying at your parents? We will be in town the 24-27. I want to see ya even if its running over your moms for a minute to do so! Let me know because I know you don't have a lot of time between his fam and yours!

The Hale Family said...

oh my gosh! that is amazing!!!

andrea said...

That turned out so cute! Good job :) Did you go today?

Scott, Aimee, & Emily said...

I just love all your creative ideas! I can't wait to make one of these for my little girl when she gets bigger! For now this idea will have to go in my little craft project book.

Post a Comment

I looove comments. Thank you so much for taking the time. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...