Friday, December 14, 2007
Doorway Puppet Theater
I'm pleased with how it turned out. Aside from the tension rod & a couple dowels, it's made entirely from thrifted materials. I love the large blue floral print fabric for the valances. This was a set of drapes that I cut up. The fabric isn't a cotton & it has a bit of a stretch to it, which turned out to be a major pain in the butt. But I think it was worth a few minor headaches. This is also the first time that I used bias tape & I think I'm in love.
Oh! The first night I got started on this I sewed all the hems. The next day I noticed that half my hems were facing the wrong way. I did not want to pick out those long hems & redo them, so I just decided that they were going to stay that way. I'm still glad I made that decision. My kids will still love it.