Tuesday, December 11, 2007

Visiting Ol' St. Nick

We took the girls to go see Santa last night. I've been asking Sadie what she wants Santa to bring her & everyday the answer changes. A lot of times I have no idea what she is asking for. One time she said she wanted an Incredibles suit. Well, last night when Santa asked her what she wanted she told him, "the opening doors". Hmmm....

Last week at the library they had an area set up where the kids could write letters to Santa & a big mailbox for them to drop them in. I helped Sadie write her letter. She told Santa about how she got a stitch near her eye & when I asked her what she wanted him to leave under the tree she said, "A little teddy bear for my sister Claire. She will like that." So cute. Last night she told Santa about the teddy bear for Claire. That's the only request that has stayed consistent.

Are you ready for a whole lot of Santa photos? Sadie was very excited. She loves Santa this year. Waiting our turn was a little hard for her, but she did great.






I hadn't planned on putting Claire on Santa's lap. I just figured I'd spare her. That's why she is dressed in such yucky pajamas. Well, we went with it & she actually lasted for a few photos. Years later she'll look back on this photo & ask me why the heck I took her to Santa looking like this.

This Santa is actually the dad of our friend Mark from church. Mark had given Santa some notes ahead of time on some of the kids he knew that would be visiting Santa that night.
Santa was supposed to tell Sadie to keep wearing her glasses & he was also going to mention that he was aware that she would be spending Christmas in Las Vegas. Santa was a little busy last night & instead told Sadie to make sure she eats her vegetables.


Santa also had a gift for Sadie last night (all Mark's doing as well). It was a doll. A little boy doll. Sadie brought him home & walked him around in her stroller & took him to bed with her. She named him Garleek. (i know....what the?) She told me this morning that she wanted to go see Santa again.

13 comments:

The Fellers said...

ok, your kids are so cute...and I totally know what you mean about the outfit Claire is in...sometime I dress Scoty, and I think, "he is going to wonder why I put him in this." But I think it is cute! I love the name of her doll, she is so creative!

The Hale Family said...

I love those Santa pictures. That Santa looks real! I love it. Sadie is so cute! I love reading your blog.

Heather said...

That is the coolest Santa!
Love the litte tidbits about Sadie's conversation. She is so funny!

Patti said...

That Santa is perfect. These are great.

Melissa Everett said...

I love those pictures. Sadie is getting so big! And what a good big sister she is!

Ariane said...

Sadie looks so much like you in these pictures! She is really cute. I also like that she asks Santa for different random things. Clayton does the same thing!

alexandra said...

Santa looks wonderful (and kind) - I can see why Sadie liked him! And how cute is it that she wants her baby sister to get a teddy bear - so thoughtful!!

chanel said...

that is the best looking santa I have ever seen! HOW COOL!
she is so sweet to think of Claire, I love that about sisters!

And take it easy about Claire's outfit, you don't even notice, at least from the computer. It never matters what they're wearing.

Michelle said...

Those Santa pictures turned out so good! Your so lucky that Sadie isn't terrified of Santa. I'm sure it makes the whole experience so much more enjoyable.

Keri said...

What a fun imagination she has. I love the things kids come up with! What a great looking Santa, too.

Amber said...

That is so sweet of Sadie. Thinking of her sister like that. And I love that Santa.

ashley said...

that santa rocks! seriously, what a great santa, i love how he is totally talking to sadie! and how cute that sadie asked for a bear for claire.

andrea said...

Garleek huh? Where did that even come from! I seriously love that kid....so random.

Post a Comment

I looove comments. Thank you so much for taking the time. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...