Tuesday, January 01, 2008

Happy New Year!

We are finally back home. Vegas was fun & I'm really glad we were able to get back "home" to see family. Sadie ended up getting sick & a trip to the emergency room revealed that she had a sinus infection. Poor girl wasn't her normal self & that makes me sad. She fell asleep in the car on the way home from the airport yesterday & slept for 18 hours. No joke. She is doing really well today.

I have been thinking about laundry & unpacking & getting things whipped into shape wound here. In my Christmas preparations of handmade gifts & holiday travels, I left this place pretty messy & dirty.

I've also been thinking about organizing. I love this time of year just for that organizing feeling that takes over. So, I'm starting a list of projects....organizing recipes, the kids clothes, my fabric & craft stuff.....etc.

I'm also beginning a list of resolutions. Which will include a focus on more healthy eating for the whole family, avoiding unnecessary spending & focusing on getting out of debt, and goals for a more successful etsy shop. I also have plans to sew some items for myself & my family. A "diaper" bag for me, a few quilts & some clothes for the girls.

And with all these swirling thoughts of the events of last year & hopes for the new year, I can't help but feel blessed. I love my family. I'm grateful to be the mom. I'm learning just how challenging the job is & trying to be better at it.

Photo by my sister Heather.

Happy New Year to all of you. Thanks for being a part if my life here on this little blog, which actually began as a new years resolution a few years back. I hope we all have a good 2008...filled with love & peace.

16 comments:

QueenCherine said...

Sorry I missed ya in VEgas. It is so hard to see ervyone sometimes. I am glad that you had a great trip. You are a champ traveling like that with kids. I too need to make some realstic goals. Not the they usually aren't I just forget about them. I hope you have a great 2008 (that rhymed huh)..

P.S Hey your ten year reunion is this year huh!

The Hale Family said...

Happy New Year to you too. You look great!

Candace said...

i know Cherine, i'm sorry that i missed you. i guess i just thought you'd be there as long as we were. next time!

chanel said...

CUTE picture! Love how claire looks so chilled! Funny!

So sad to hear it got so bad with sadie! 19 hours!!!! thats insane! Poor babe!

I totally have been in the organizing mood. I actually went through the girls baby clothes and threw out a ton of the stained ones! weird, i thought it would be sad but it felt great!

ollie said...

As dorky as this may sound, you and really inspired me to get creative and think outside the box when it comes to gifts and other things. Thanks so much for opening my eyes!!

Amber said...

Glad you made it home. It was nice to see you guys!

Vinnie Feller said...

I love that picture, and I hope you guys had a Happy New Year and a Merry Christmas! I love that in that picture you and Claire kinda have the same look on your face and Dylan and Sadie have the same look! You guys are such a cute family, you look terrific by the way, and sad that Sadie was sick, I hate being sick during vacation, but it is worse when the hubby or kids are sick, I am sorry!

Heather said...

Glad you are home safe! It was so good to have you here. Maybe next time we will have to plan a trip to come see you!

Ariane said...

I love the family photo. Heather is really talented. It sounds like you had a really great vacation (other than Sadie getting sick). It's so nice to be able to see family. I think it makes it so much more special when you live so far away!

Chanel said...

whoa, i just checked all your sisters blogs- you had FUN! And your kids! I can't get enough of pictures of them! I loved Melissa's picts!
Please say you want to move back, hten we will and we can live next door to each other again! Doesn't that sound perfect!

andrad said...

Hi Candace,
Love this post... what's on your mind, your to-do list and your resolutions. Lots of good stuff.
Thanks for sharing!!

amanda said...

Candace you guys all look so great in that picture i love it, even clair is look. Good luck with the resolutions. Your awesome

Patti said...

Great picture . . .

Happy New Year, Candace.

P.S. I LOVE my bag.

Candace said...

oh Patti, I'm so glad you like the bag. I love that one so much that I saved just enough fabric to make one for myself.

We will be the only two people in the world to have that bag. :)

wrightfamily said...

Welcome home and Happy New Year. I have missed your posts!

Keri said...

Love your family picture. That's a neat angle. Sounds like you're ambitious!! We just got back into town and I'm feeling a little bit of the improvement bug, but nothing like you. Good for you!

Post a Comment

I looove comments. Thank you so much for taking the time. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...