Thursday, February 14, 2008

Happy Valentine's Day


Now it just wouldn't be Valentine's Day without some of these.

Sugar Cookies

1-1/2 c. powdered sugar
1 c. butter
1 egg
1/2 tsp. vanilla
1/2 tsp. almond extract
2-1/2 c. flour
1 tsp. baking soda
1 tsp. cream of tarter

Mix powdered sugar, butter, egg, vanilla & almond extract. Mix in flour, baking soda and cream of tarter. Cover & refrigerate at east 2 hours. Heat oven to 375 degrees. Divide dough into halves. Roll each half 3/16 inch thick on lightly floured surface. Cut into shapes. Place on lightly greased cookie sheet. Bake until edges are light brown 7 to 8 minutes. Makes about 5 dozen 2 inch cookies.

Buttercream Icing

1/2 c. shortening
1/2 c. butter
1 tsp. vanilla
4 c. powdered sugar
2 tbsp. milk

Cream butter & shortening. Add vinalla. Add sugar one cup at a time. Add milk.

9 comments:

iheartlinen said...

Ooh! Yum! Happy Valentine's Day Candace! ^_^

Amber said...

Those look so good.
Happy Valentines Day!!!

Keri said...

I agree, Valentines day needs some good sugar cookies. I passed on them this year, since I knew I'd eat too many, so I'll just have to enjoy looking at yours.

Patti said...

Please share your secret to a rolled sugar cookie . . .

andrad said...

Oh... these are cute and they look yummy!!
Hannah would love the pink icing!!

Janae said...

I made some too. And ate WAY too many.

chanel said...

Yum! I thought about makignthem, then I htought I'd eat them all, so we got suagr free jello- whoopie!!!

Melissa Everett said...

I love those! Is that Moms recipe?Happy Valentines Day!

Candace said...

I don't have any tips Patti. I just use my mom's recipe.

maybe, don't roll them too thin or too thick & try not to over bake them? i don't know. I only make these once a year.

Post a Comment

I looove comments. Thank you so much for taking the time. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...