Monday, February 18, 2008

Oh Sweet Quilt Top,


I was happy to come across you today. You've been tucked away in one of my fabric bins for quite a while. The last time I saw you I was getting close to having my second baby, Claire. I had intended to finish you before she arrived, because you & all your sweetness were going to be my first handmade gift for baby Claire. But I was late in getting started on you & of course there was that move across the country that took my attention away from you. I suppose there was a little bit of fear in completing you as well. You see, I've never made a real quilt. Don't think that I have forgotten about you in all this time we've spent apart. I've often thought of you. But since I haven't seen you in a while I thought that I remembered you looking a little weird. So glad to have found you today looking not at all weird, but actually very lovely indeed. I believe that you will look very beautiful once you're actually completed. I promise to be on the lookout for the perfect backing fabric for you & someday soon perhaps you can enjoy a life of keeping my little one warm & comfy.

10 comments:

jennifer said...

oh candace, it's so so lovely! she's enjoy it every bit as much as you do!

RandyC said...

That's beautiful. I can't wait to see it when it's finished!

Amber said...

That is really cute. You need to finish it!!

LeAnne said...

Your quilt top looks terrific! It will look so great when you are done.

Erin L said...

It is beautiful! If I were having a girl I would want one like that for her. Oh, I your quilt blocks are so perfectly lined up. You are a much better seamstress than I am.

andrad said...

It is SO very lovely! And the story behind it is cool - it will mean even more to you when you finish it now.
Happy Tuesday, Candace!

chanel said...

ha! you're funny! I remember that now, it look soooo cute!!!! You better make that the thing you sew for your "sew with me", claire needs to get all the lovin she can muster out of it!

The Fellers said...

I LOVE that quilt...I am so glad you found it!

amanda said...

i remember when you got that put together and picked out the fabric. i wonder if you finished it.. good luck. hey let me know how the table runners go, i might want to make one sometime.

Heather said...

It is beautiful. I often wondered if you finished it. Next sewing project.....baby quilt?

Post a Comment

I looove comments. Thank you so much for taking the time. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...