Friday, March 28, 2008

Dumping It All On You

It's been a while since I've posted about what's been going on around here. So here comes one big crazy, long post.



I'm still liking my hair a whole lot. What I'm loving about it:

1. I don't have to blow dry it. That part is crucial for a straight style with my wavy hair. I don't have to ignore my screaming kids in order to get my hair blown out.
2. I always feel like I have a ponytail in. Nice & cool on my neck.
3. Dylan loves it.

Our Easter was really nice. I didn't get a photo of both the girls in their dresses before church & Claire was napping after church, so there went my chance. I didn't make a big deal about the clothes this year. Sadie wore a floral dress that she already had. One that I got on clearance at Target for $6. Claire wore a hand-me-down dress from Sadie. Easy-peasy. Sadie loved her crayons & her new princess coloring book & Claire was happy as could be with her new red ball. I don't believe in gifts for Easter. I mean, what do we think this is...Christmas?



At church the primary kids sang a song during sacrament meeting. Sadie was scared & didn't want to go up to the stage. As soon as they finished she started crying (pretty loud), because of course NOW she wanted to sing.

At home we found the eggs that the Easter bunny hid while we were at church. All except the three that the dog had eaten. Then I took the eggs to make egg salad sandwiches for lunch. Once Sadie saw what I was doing she had a complete meltdown & was so mad that I had "ruined" her eggs. I did tell her beforehand that I was going to make yummy lunch out of them. I guess she didn't quite understand. :(

Also, on Easter Sunday, there had been so much talk about new, short hair that Sadie decided she wanted short hair too & I found her standing in front of the TV with the baby nail scissors snipping bits of her hair off. Luckily the didn't go any higher than chin length & there's no need for a clean up haircut at all. It just looks like her bangs are growing out. We sure lucked out there.



Claire is 11 months old as of Easter day. She is getting more bold with walking. Takes 5 or 6 steps & then falls down to crawl. She can climb up on the couch now. She puts her finger to her nose & says "shhhh". Still says "mama" "dada" "dee dee" & now she says "go" & "dog" both of which are mostly a g sound. there is a slight variation for each word, but she is definitely saying those words. I think she's also trying to say "ball", which is just sounds like "ba".


I had a few friends from church over yesterday. We had a brunch, where everybody brought something really yummy to eat & then we planted some seeds. Here are our starter pots for tomatoes, peppers & cucumbers. We don't have much space to grow outside, and if we end up with anything, I'll be happy.

I'm also continuing to post items in the shop. I have some Built By Wendy patterns that I'm getting uploaded. So if you are interested in those & haven't been able to find a good price on them, I've got 'em.

We're looking forward to warmer weather. I've got two little girls with nasty green runny noses today. Poor things. Hope you all have a great weekend!

11 comments:

chanel said...

were you covering your pots with scrap paper? You're so dang cute! I shoudl get crackin if I want any good plants! And a brunch! Dude we totally should live by each other, we'd rock a ward!

Sadie is cracking me up!
I can't believe Claire is TALKING!!! Its goign to be crazy to see each others' "babies" in May! Claire can look like you and Dylan at different times, its crazy!

Melissa Everett said...

Love the update!! And I love your hair still! I cannot believe Claire is talking that much! Talan only says momma and Dadda

Patti said...

Your hair is wicked cute.

courtnee said...

I can't believe how big claire is. How much does she weigh? I am happy to see that she has the same amount of hair as McKinley does.

StitchingSurgeon said...

love your hair! very lotta!

The Fellers said...

what a fun post, full of fun things. Your girls are getting so big, and I cant believe that Claire is already 11 months, man time flies when you are having fun! I love your hair!

Jen Rose said...

Girl your hair is super cute! And, your girls are getting so big. Where the heck does time go? Glad you had a good easter!

Amber said...

I love your hair. Sounds like it is super easy to do. And I can't believe Sadie tried to cut hers. That is something girls must do?? Oh and Claire is so big & saying so many words. Crew will NOT say momma. Only Dada & hi. So annoying!

I miss you!!

Michelle said...

I really like your hair too. I wish I could find a cute style for my curly hair.

Sadie is at such a fun age. I love it when they start to walk and talk.

Howling Pickup said...

It was so good to hear an update. Your girls are growing so much. They are adorable. I absolutely love your new hairdo!

ladydazy said...

I love your hair!!!

Post a Comment

I looove comments. Thank you so much for taking the time. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...