Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Market Day


Took the girls & we hit West Side Market today. I'm trying to quit eating so much chocolate & bread. I'm really needing to change my snacking habits. I figured the market would be the best place to get a lot of produce for a good price.

Some of today's deals:

really yummy grapes .99/lbs.
2 cantalopes $3.00
10 oranges $3.00
2 heads of romaine lettuce $1.50
3 lbs. bag of onions $1.00
bunch of garlic $1.00

Plus I picked up some tamales & a roasted corn salsa for dinner tonight. Next week I want to get some grapefruit & blueberries (saw those for .99).

10 comments:

Cherine said...

I am about to go to the store and all of that sounds good...Pretty good prices!!!

chanel said...

HOLY FREAK, THOSE PRICES rock! GET ME SOME!!!!
Nice job on snacking better, its so hard! I personally have been loving peanut M&Ms.

The Fellers said...

WOWEY!!! I am so jealous! Those are such great deals! I love fresh fruits and veggies, such a great idea....I wish our stores had that great of a deal, I need to find a market like that!

andrad said...

Nice haul from the market!! Lots of goodness there.
I hear you on the chocolate - wishing the 'easter bunny' didn't have so much left over in the cupboard. Having a hard time with discipline lately.
I just might take a trip to the market and get rid of the left-over sweets - but I'm addicted to Twix! Help!

Brooke said...

I hears you girl. We're workin on it in our house too. It feels better though : )

amanda said...

i'm all about the fruit. i let my kids pick out some kind they like and that helps a lot. good luck. it looks good.

andrea said...

Yum...can't wait to eat that fruit tomorrow :) I haven't even made the cinnamon rolls...I guess I'll be waking up early :)

Heather said...

That looks so pretty and fresh and reasonably priced. It almost makes me want to throw out all the easter candy. But not quite....
It stinks to be a sugar addict!

sweetjessie said...

I'm eating a bowl of lucky charms in front of the computer and feeling really, really guilty right now.

Melissa Everett said...

Great prices! No sugar? Actually all of it looks really good!

Post a Comment

I looove comments. Thank you so much for taking the time. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...