Thursday, May 22, 2008

7 Days, People!!!!

Seven days!!!! until I board an airplane headed to Las Vegas! I am so very excited to see family & friends & to sleep at my mom's house. It's fun to have something so exciting to look forward to.

Yesterday I bought some fabric to make more shirts for myself from the Simplicity 3835 pattern. I also want to finish up the other 2 shirts that I have in the works for myself & make a few skirts too. Oh! Plus two bags. Dylan rolled his eyes at me when I told him all that I wanted to accomplish. He let me know that I was just adding more stress...and truth be told, I do get stressed out pretty easily. Anyway, I know that I'm not going to get it all done, BUT I do plan to cut out all my patterns & bring them with me so I can get in some sewing time there in Vegas. Once my babies go to bed, then I can get to know my sister's Bernina. Good idea, don't you think?


I've washed the fabrics. They are just waiting in the basket to be ironed & then cut (perhaps during the baby's afternoon nap?). I'm already second guessing my choices. Left to right, we have a seersucker, a linen blend in yellow & a shirting material.

I'm excited about the seersucker but it's a little thin. Worried that I'll be happy with it as a shirt. The yellow linen blend is my favorite...but will the color work on me? I'm not so sure, but I hope that I can rock it. Then the aqua shirting, again I'm worried about the color, but I think it will be good in the end.

Wish me luck!

9 comments:

miss chris said...

I love that you love this pattern. I guess I should get off my duff and make some, too.

Ooh. And I love a seersucker skirt! Ack. I'm so excited for you.

Amber said...

I like all those fabrics. I'm sure the yellow will look great on you. I can't wait to see you!!

Brooke said...

Candace, you're amazing and I'm lovin the aqua! I think it will look really great on you.

Melissa Everett said...

Candace you can rock anything! I cant wait to see them! I am so very excited for you to be here! Maybe we can plan a mom and sister night out again while you are here!

ashley said...

"sew like the wind!" (three amigo's movie)

alexandra said...

I think all the fabrics are fabulous and you will look great in each!! I think the yellow will be particularly fantastic!!
Happy sewing!!

amanda said...

that is going to be so fun to see family. how long will you be there? have a great time and good luck getting everything you want done.

Michelle said...

You have an eye for this so I'm sure it will all look great. I'm looking forward to seeing you!

Kimberly said...

Yeah! Bring your stuff to Vegas! Im so excited for you guys to come! Maybe you'll motivate me to do some sewing from patterns!

Post a Comment

I looove comments. Thank you so much for taking the time. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...