Monday, August 04, 2008

Oh Yes I Did

I never imagined that I would have my fabric folded & stacked by color, because I'm just not that organized. But look what I did this weekend. This is a start. I still have some piles that I need to go through & find a place for. My house is in disarray after two months of focusing on the summer market. I'm now ready to go through & organize every room & every closet. My plan is to address one room at a time & make my rounds. First stop: the kitchen.

This weekend:

We took Claire off the bottle. Cold turkey. She's done great. We've had a few sad moments but for the most part she's happy & we're already on day three!

I felt like an outcast & wondered if anybody likes me or if I need to change myself or if I'm not a nice enough person or what exactly is wrong with me. I was in high school all over again. What is wrong with me & why do I bring this upon myself. I'm too old for all that. Got over it & I'm feeling better.

Wished I could have been at this show. Decided that we don't have the money for too much extra stuff like this right now. By the way, Kori of Mates of State keeps a really interesting blog about being on tour with children. Check it out. It's very cool.


alexandra said...

You are in 'organizing mode' - it's a good place to be - I get really efficient when I'm like that - stuff gets done!!
I was sad when I took H&W off the bottle - sad so see their 'babyness' ending. But, it is liberating at the same time. Claire sounds like she's handling it really well.
And, lastly, it's easy to feel like an outcast when you're a stay-at-home-mom. I had some really weird moments myself but you just have to stay centered and know that you are doing great things!! Chin up!! You rock!

alexandra said...

Oops! I meant 'sad TO see their babyness ending'.
I can't stand spelling mistakes -maybe I need a coffee!! :)

The Hale Family said...

Love the organizing! Doesn't that feel so good? That is my goal today! Wish me luck...

As for the highschool feelings, I totally understand. Sometimes I have to remind myself that I am 30! Just so you know, you are one of the funnest people I know!

Keri said...

Wow, look at you go! What an accomplishment. Getting Claire off the bottle is an accomplishment, too! I don't look forward to taking away Jenna's pacifier... Just know that you're not alone in your feelings. Those kinds of feelings are normal for me to have from time to time. Glad you're feeling better about yourself. :)

Melissa Everett said...

Doesnt it make you feel like your little one is so big when they are no longer on the bottle?!? GOod job organizing! I have been in that zone lately too! And as for HS! I know the feeling girl! And trust me... you are perfect, dont change a thing! Love ya sis!

andrea said...

I like you, and that's all that matters :) What are you feeling so down about!?

I am proud of you, organizing all that fabric, you've been wanting to do that forever!

Post a Comment

I looove comments. Thank you so much for taking the time. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...