Friday, August 15, 2008

Skin Care - It's Very Complicated

I'm going to start answering questions. If there's something you're dying to know, please ask me here. Thanks!


Rachel asks: Your skin is GORGEOUS! You literally glow in your pictures! How do you care for it?

You are going to hate me for this. I really don't do much to my skin. Half the time I don't even put makeup on, but on the days that I do, I don't wash it off before I go to bed. Naughty, I know. In the morning I wash off my makeup with bar soap in the shower. Are you gasping in horror right now? Then I wash my face with Target brand face wash. When I get out of the shower I put on Target brand moisturizer. I am cheap! We are on one income & trying to pay off debts so I buy Target brand everything.

I wish I had some wonderful secrets for you but the truth is that I have good skin genes. My mom has the most beautiful glowing skin & my Dad has great skin as well. All my brothers & sisters got it too. My oldest sister, Heather I think just started wearing moisturizer recently. What's up w/ that? She ended up even better off than me.

I know it may come back to bite me in the butt later, but I just can't afford to buy all the fancy products right now.

6 comments:

Melissa Everett said...

I think it is so funny that this was the first questions asked. people get so mad when I tell them that I wash my face with whatever soap is handy in the shower... and I put on whatever lotion is handy on my bathroom counter!!! We do have GREAT skin! I would have to say I LOVE mom and dad for that one!! oh, and do you mind if I steal this idea from you?

chanel said...

new quesrion on last post.

I swear the secret to good skin is NOT washing makeup off! and good genes! ;)

Kara said...

You're too cute, and yes lots of jealous people are dying reading your skin care rituals! My skin is usually pretty good, but I have a little trouble with it when I'm pregnant. Do you have any trouble skin times?

Rachel@oneprettything.com said...

Thanks for answering and YES, I am so totally jealous! =) Maybe I should go without makeup more often. Something to think about...

Candace said...

Kara,

I do have some trouble skin times. The winters here in Cleveland have been the hardest on my skin. I get dry, dry, dry. Still looking for a good winter time face moisturizer.

Candace said...

sure, melissa. go ahead & use this idea.

Post a Comment

I looove comments. Thank you so much for taking the time. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...