Tuesday, September 23, 2008

3 Good Recipes

Yes, I am still working on answering all of the reader questions that were asked oh.....over a month ago. As promised, I will get to them all!! I have been a little busy with custom orders, which is good. It's always good to have work to do, right? Anyway...

Stacy asked: What are three of your favorite really quick family meals? Recipes or tips would also be appreciated!

Cuban Black-Bean Stew with Rice
I just tried this one last week & loved it. It comes from Everyday Food magazine. It's a quick, easy, hearty vegetarian meal. My kids loved it too.

Quick Fettuccine Cacciatore
We went through a spurt where I made this like once a week. It's really quick & very tasty.

8 oz. fettuccine, uncooked
2 tsp. oil
1 lb. boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into bite-size pieces
1 c. green pepper strips
1 c. sliced mushrooms
1 can (14 1/2 oz.) diced tomatoes, undrained
1/2 c. Kraft Zesty Italian Dressing
1 c. shredded Italian mozzarella/parmesan cheese blend
1/2 c. chopped fresh basil leaves

Cook pasta as directed on package.

Meanwhile, heat oil in large nonstick skillet on medium-high heat. Add chicken; cook and stir until no longer pink. Add peppers and mushrooms; cook 3 min., stirring occasionally. Stir in tomatoes and dressing. Reduce heat to medium-low; simmer 5 min. or until chicken is cooked through.

Drain pasta. Toss with chicken mixture. Sprinkle with cheese and basil.

Makes 4 servings, 2 cups each.

Broccoli Cheese Soup

I call this Caitlin's Broccoli Soup. It is a really fast soup & it is seriously SO good. Replace chicken broth with vegetable broth for another vegetarian meal. My family loves this one. So good with a green salad on the side.

Enjoy! Let me know if you try any of these. :)


Girl Land said...

Hey Candace! Do you know how many one-cup servings this soup makes?? I LOVE bc soup, and I'm trying to make it points friendly. I'm hoping it makes at least 9 one-cup servings because I've whittled it down to 2 pts per serving. :)

Candace said...


I'm thinking 8-9 one cup servings. I can't be positive, though.

I use low fat half & half too....that may help.

chanel said...

that cuban soup sounds great- HOW do you think to try it? you're so cool, i wouldn't have but with your great reccomendation Im going to now.

yay for custom orders!

Post a Comment

I looove comments. Thank you so much for taking the time. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...