Thursday, October 02, 2008

Thinking of Giving

So, I'm feeling a little more grounded, a little less overwhelmed & a little excited about the upcoming giving season. I've received the names of family members that we are exchanging gifts with this Christmas & I've pretty much nailed down what I will be giving them. Of course I want to make all the gifts & I will try my darndest to do just that.

(vintage linen scarf & vintage patchwork coaster set will be added to the shop later today)

I am sticking with my handmade pledge from last year. This year more than ever with the economy going to crap, I think it's more important to support the crafters & artists out there that are working their tails off. The items that I am unable to produce myself, I will be purchasing from other etsy sellers.

I have, have, have to plug my super cool sister's shop. Just Be Jewelry is absolutely perfect for gift giving because you are able to customize items. Remember my super cool necklace? It doesn't get more perfect than that. If you have something special in mind, just send Amber & Jen a convo & they can make it happen!

Dylan also has a really, really good new mix up for this month. It has a great energy & is just perfect for listening to in the background while you are easing into these colder, busy months ahead. Go download & enjoy. If you like it, be sure to give him some props by leaving a comment on his blog.

2 comments:

Jessie said...

Ditto Ditto Ditto with the handmade gifts this year- I just posted something similar the other day. Let me know if you're up for swapping out any handmade gifts for giving (or keeping)!

Valerie said...

I am so going the handmade gifts route too! It is so much more special (and economical!)

I love that mix- WOW! I am going to be watching that site for more!

Post a Comment

I looove comments. Thank you so much for taking the time. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...