Thursday, November 20, 2008

Digging Out

Things are starting to brighten around here. I'm in the middle of my 12th week of pregnancy & I feel great! Still a bit tired all the time, but no more morning throw up session & no more feeling nauseous all day long. I completely lost all order in our home over the last two months that I spent in zombie mode. So now it begins, time to dig out of this mess!

First order of business last night was to take care of some long neglected grooming. I used this $7 highlighting kit to color my own hair for the very first time. It came out great. I feel much better now that my 2 inch roots are gone & the amount of money I saved on a salon trip makes me even happier. I still need a haircut, but that will get taken care of soon enough.


So while I am feeling happy & blessed & recognizing that even though my house is a disaster, I have so many things to feel grateful for, I am going to share with you some things that are making me happy right now.

My new slippers. My feet have been living here for the past month & will continue to throughout winter. I finally, finally invested in a nice pair or warm slippers for myself. And my flannel pajama pants....sexy, I know. My husband is such a lucky guy.


Hot chocolate with a good amount of whipped cream on top.

The snow that continues to fall outside. Not enough to have shovel, but enough to feel magical & dust everything with pretty white.

Thoughts of Christmas and all I want to do this year to make it great for my family.

This little girl & her "cheese" face.


Sadie and the maturity that she is starting to show. Her loving nature is really coming out lately. She's made some huge progress on a little behavioral problem we've been dealing with for F-O-R-E-V-E-R. She makes us so very proud every day to be her parents.

And Dylan, who deserves something great for all the work he's done to hold this house together while I was sick. I know he loves me. I think he knows I love him too.

19 comments:

Melissa Everett said...

I am so glad you are feeling better! I love that cheese face! talan has the same one!

puremotif said...

Wow --- your hair looks absolutely stunning. I can't beLIEVE you did that yourself!! nice job.

the fellers said...

I am so glad that you are feeling better, that must have been so hard for you to feel sick....ugh. I love your hair! I love your hair always, it always looks good...but it turned out great. I kinda want it to snow here, but I am being stingy and I want it to hold off for a week and a half....I am glad you are back!

giddygoat said...

7 bucks well spent. Looks nice.

The Pfau's said...

I am so glad you are feeling better! Your highlights look great- good job! I hate paying for the salon too! Matt usually ends up being my hairdresser! And that cheese face is too too cute!

emily said...

wow . . . i can't believe those are $7 highlights! they look really great! i think i might have to try that on my hair!

Michelle said...

Your highlights look great. Did you use the cap? I have always paid for highlights but have done my own color since Jr. High. This past year I started doing my own highlights with a cap and it actually turns out good.

Candace said...

I did use the cap, Michelle, and I thought it worked really well too. You should have clued me into earlier...I could have been saving a lot of money! :)

Keri said...

Glad to hear you're feeling better! Your hair color looks great! Reading your post today made me feel happy. :)

andrea said...

I am glad you are feeling so much better! I am missing the fun part of the snow! It is so hot here. I love your new slippers....I hope you liked the sock monkey ones too :) And...I love your hair! That is crazy that it worked, I am always scared of those. Oh and I have those pj bottoms too...so much to say. Miss you guys!

Jen said...

I love the new hair...maybe I Should do that to darken my hair...I am dying with these roots over here.

chanel said...

what a nice post. i am thinking of you EVERYDAY do im glad to hear you're feeling better.
claire's face is just adorable! and way to go sadie!!! its an amazing thing to witness them get older and become those responsible kids you want them to be.
your hair is gorgeous too! maybe i'll try it!

Rolyndia said...

Your hair looks great!! Love the highlights. Glad you are feeling better and hope it continues.

Andy and Shay said...

I am so glad that you are felling better, that is great, just in time for the holidays. I love this time of year, it makes me so happy too.

Andy and Shay said...

I am so glad that you are felling better, that is great, just in time for the holidays. I love this time of year, it makes me so happy too.

amanda said...

your hair color looks great. love the sexy slippers.

Cherine said...

I hope you are feeling better! Oh its rough being sick like that. Yes kudos to Dylan.

Hope y'all have a great Thanksgiving!!!

Amber said...

That was a cute post. Glad you are starting to feel better. And you are brave for doing your own highlights. It looks nice.

Lori said...

i was just ver at your ETSY shop and I am totally drooling over your pyrex bowls, coffee mugs and vintage aprons. I may just have to switch up my XMAS list. Now I struggle over Moleskin journals or your yummy products! ARGH!

Post a Comment

I looove comments. Thank you so much for taking the time. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...