Sunday, December 28, 2008

Mom's Quilt



I decided to make my Mom a lap quilt this Christmas. A lot of the fabrics used on this one are the same as used on the baby quilt that I have listed in my shop right now. I thought the colors would work well with her sofa & living room. It was nice to work on a quilt in the winter. Hand stitching the binding on with the warm quilt over me was so cozy & relaxing. One thing is for sure...once finished, I really wanted to keep this quilt for myself. I know that's a good gift if I don't really want to part with it myself. But I've decided that I need to have a stack of about 5 or 6 six handmade quilts like this in my house. Better get to work then, right?

Sorry for the poor lighting in these photos. I was rushing to get it finished & off in the mail. I couldn't wait until morning for better light. Heather was so sweet to get a photo of mom with the quilt in the gorgeous Las Vegas light. Take a look here.

6 comments:

kirsten said...

that is beautiful! i love it. what great colors! i need a stack of lap quilts around, too - and i think i've started a good handful - now if only i could finish them!

The Pfau's said...

You are so talented! I love the quilt!

Keri said...

The quilt is beautiful! I have a question about the binding... Is the binding compeletely hand-stitched, or is one edge done with the machine & then finished by hand? I've never paid attention, but would love to know how you do it.

the fellers said...

that is so beautiful! You are amazing!

Candace said...

Keri, I do a double fold binding where you machine stitch on the front & then hand stitch on the back.

Kristy said...

I love this.My sister keeps asking for a brown based quilt and I could never think of how to make it pretty. Thanks for the inspiration!

Post a Comment

I looove comments. Thank you so much for taking the time. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...