Thursday, January 15, 2009

Stay Out Nasty Cold

We don't like you & we don't want you in here anymore. Also, we really hate what you do to our heating bill.


I am on a serious mission to get all the windows in this house covered. It is consuming me & it's pretty much all I talk about. Right, Dylan? Anyway, I can check off the dining room windows & tonight it's on to the front bay windows. That is the coldest spot in our house. It's also right where our sofa sits. Makes for a not so cozy living room.


I'm confident that these window coverings will help a great deal with keeping our house nice & warm & keeping our heating bill down. Maria & I hit up the sale at Joann's & found some nice heavyweight home decor fabric in the clearance section marked down an additional 50% off. Can't beat it.

8 comments:

Heather said...

I know it's cold and we can't even comprehend how cold it is for you guys.....but that frost is BEAUTIFUL!!! In spite of the bad there is good :)

chanel said...

what a neat picture of the window's frost!
your curtains look AMAZING! nice job- good obsession. :)

andrea said...

Love that second photo! I can't believe the 50% off...sounds like you two went at the right time :)

Keri said...

I hope you're surviving the bitter cold! Just wanted to let you know that I'm loving the photo-a-day project.

jessi said...

It's a bit pricey, but JoAnn sells a great product if you're looking to keep out the cold - it's called Warm Window and you can find it by the batting or interfacing. You could buy it just for your coldest windows and use a 40% off coupon. I used it on a sliding glass door in our first apartment (an old student apartment with a terrible heating system) and it worked great.

Erin said...

We have the plastic on almost all of our windows...my husband was skeptical, but it really, truly works...

Heather said...

isn't foil supposed to help too? What about one of those tube looking things that people put at the bottom of doors to keep the chill out, I bet you could put that at the bottom of the windows for extra protection of cool air creeping in.

If I could send you some of our 75 degree sunshine I would!

Rathna said...

Wow! what an amazing picture of the window's frost!though you are suffering with severe cold this window's frost would entertain you with its wounder full picture on the other hand.Youe selection of curtains are also beautiful!!

Post a Comment

I looove comments. Thank you so much for taking the time. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...