Monday, January 19, 2009

Still Going On About Curtains


Yes. More curtains. In the process of making this set of curtains for the living room, I thought for sure I was going to hate them. Turns out that I'm quite fond of them now that they're all hung up.

These windows are the worst. We've now got them equipped with draft snakes, plastic, blinds & now these nice heavy curtains. We could tell a difference in the warmth of that room with the addition of the curtains. Now we're just keeping our fingers crossed that our next heating bill won't be so hard on the pocketbook.

I think I'm taking a break from curtains for just a little bit, but when I come back to them, the girls' room windows are next.

8 comments:

Melissa Everett said...

Those are very cute!! I am going to be making lots of curtains soon too. I have lots of windows in my new house that are going to need some coverings!! I am kinda excited about doing them cause they are all straight lines... very easy for an amature like myself.

Lil said...

Awesome curtains. I just hung up the curtains I started 2 years ago in our living room. They are about 2 feet 2 short, so maybe I will finish them. You are inspiring.

alexandra said...

We have a draft from our sliding doors in the kitchen - and my seat is right next to them. The curtains make a big difference. I love all your projects - can't wait to see what's up next

alexandra said...

Candace!!! My comment posted successfully!!!
It's soooo good to be back! Thank you, thank you, thank you!!!
A.

3 'lil Lemons said...

Those are so cute! They look great with your living room too. But I know how those projects go, they sounds so good, and then you get going. . . and you're not so sure. It's always a happy surprise when they turn out better than expected!

chanel said...

very creative! glad they are working too! you're awesome!

the fellers said...

those look great!

Lisa said...

Your curtains look really great. Putting just a strip of printed fabric along the bottom is such a great way to add color without being to busy. I've been on a curtain kick too in bedrooms and other rooms, but I haven't been brave enough to make some for our living room - it definitely would help keep to heat in! I enjoy reading your blog.

Post a Comment

I looove comments. Thank you so much for taking the time. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...